Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Old 12-11-2004, 01:03   #1
ligerwolve

Default Puppy passport

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone here has used the puppy passport scheme? Im trying to gather as much information as I can now as I am probably going to import within a year (here's hoping). So any info relating to this would be appreciated. Thankyou.
ligerwolve jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2004, 02:16   #2
belgshep

If you are in the UK I would not even consider it at the present moment,wait until a decision has been made as to the their status with DEFRA.
Paul
belgshep jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 01:24   #3
ligerwolve

I'm actually from Australia, but will probably travel to see breeders when I chose a puppy. I will probably be waiting a while so I will keep hoping that the problems in the UK are solved. I have family in England and as a breeder I have to admit I was leaning towards you, Paul. But thats not to say I wont travel just about any where. However I wont be traveling yet and it might be up to 4 years before I get there although I'm hoping a lot sooner. Thanks though
Old 14-11-2004, 14:15   #4
Koos

Hello,

What do you really mean with a "puppypassport"

Letty
Koos jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 08:04   #5
ligerwolve

Its called "The pet passport scheme" and it means that your dogs dont have to stay in quarantine. Its only available to certain countries though. The animal has to have been to a vet, have blood tests done ect. and then its the same idea as a normal passport. the animal can enter these countries no problem.
Old 19-11-2004, 11:08   #6
Koos

Hello Ligerwolf,

About the passport, you really have to infirm you about this.

I have just read that a puppy, allthough there is taken bloodsampells and other vaccinations, has to stay in quarentaine for 30 days, because you have send several papers to a certain office.
I have here some telephonenumbers where you can check it out
Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL) 613 5227 5329 and faxnumber 613 5227 5555.

If Australia has the same other rules, like the UK, then your puppy is allmost a year old before you can get it in Australia, because he has vaccinationed for Rabies about the age of 13 weeks, After a month it can be taken bloodsammples and the after the decision that the blood is Rabies free, the puppy can stay by the breeder for 6 month and than he can shipped over to Australia.

But infirm you about it if it is possible to do another way.

Greetings,

Letty from Holland
Koos jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 23:56   #7
ligerwolve

I spoke to quarantine and in most countries the animal would have to be a year old before shipping, however in the UK it only has to be 4 weeks old. That was why I was looking into UK breeders, but unfortunately with DEFRA I will have to keep searching.
Old 29-11-2004, 12:02   #8
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Hi, this may seem a silly idea, but maybe the best thing for you would be to come and work in Europe for a year, buy a puppy at the beginning and take it home with you. That way you will have it near yourself during the most critical period for socialization and upbringing, and have it properly vaccinated and diagnosed for a fast export.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 12:54   #9
ligerwolve

That would be nice, but I wouldnt know where to start and I would also have to find work for my fiance as well. It would be nice to travel though