Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 24-08-2009, 18:50   #1
Juniorwolf

Question New admin

For who to send results from shows and exams, now an apparently new admin is in charge of this site ?

Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 22:37   #2
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
For who to send results from shows and exams, now an apparently new admin is in charge of this site ?
The results should be send to the same address as before: [email protected]. After the changed which will be done soon to this site the system of adding information will change a lot. I hope it will change for good.
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 23:27   #3
Juniorwolf

Thanks for info
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 23:46   #4
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
The results should be send to the same address as before: [email protected]. After the changed which will be done soon to this site the system of adding information will change a lot. I hope it will change for good.
maybe the breeders from uk will get put back on the breeders listings and even get our countries flag back up, lots of our friends in Europe ask us what is the problem, we have sent many mails as to why we have been removed we have never had a reply, we where removed nearly 18 mths ago, if the person responsable would please tell us online why we where removed??????? the information on our last two litters in uk have not been sent as it seems a waste of time as we do not exsist according to this site.
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 23:57   #5
buidelwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by solowolf View Post
maybe the breeders from uk will get put back on the breeders listings and even get our countries flag back up, lots of our friends in Europe ask us what is the problem, we have sent many mails as to why we have been removed we have never had a reply, we where removed nearly 18 mths ago, if the person responsable would please tell us online why we where removed??????? the information on our last two litters in uk have not been sent as it seems a waste of time as we do not exsist according to this site.

I also wonder why GB and their breeders are removed. Could anyone answer?
buidelwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 08:46   #6
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by buidelwolf View Post
CzW is not a KC recognized breed. It means they do not get FCI-recognized pedigrees - at the moment they have the same status for our population as the nonpedigree CzWs bred in Europe.

After the breed will be accepted by KC and the puppies will get "normal" (FCI recognized) pedigrees the responsible breeders (who do not mix CzW with any other breeds) from GB will appear on the list.
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 08:53   #7
Rona
Distinguished Member

I don't understand one thing: why do people who hate this private website and openly criticize it again and again in a deplorable manner, ofend regularly its owners/admins/moderators, throw accusations on CSV owners/breeders, not only keep posting here, but also care if they are listed or not and vicitmize themselves if they aren't. There is no obligation to be a member of this community, especially if you hate if so much and think so badly of it!

It's like a case when somebody went to somebody's private home in muddy boots, broke the best vase, called the hosts names, ofended other vistors and then was surprised/shocked and cross that he was not invited again to that place. Why don't you guys take your toys and go to another sand-pit or build your own one where you can apply rules and regulations you wish?

Quote:
This was explained plainly by the Admin or Margo a few days or weeks ago. Just browse the forum a bit and you'll find the answer.

Last edited by Rona; 25-08-2009 at 09:01.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 19:04   #8
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Ok this is a stupid stupid question but....
does the Admin have a name?? I thought it was Przemek but maybe I'm wrong!
Old 25-08-2009, 22:29   #9
solowolf

Quote:
CzW is not a KC recognized breed. It means they do not get FCI-recognized pedigrees - at the moment they have the same status for our population as the nonpedigree CzWs bred in Europe.

After the breed will be accepted by KC and the puppies will get "normal" (FCI recognized) pedigrees the responsible breeders (who do not mix CzW with any other breeds) from GB will appear on the list.
so how come you have two reeders from USA on the breeders listing are they under FCI,? do they have proper USA pedigrees,and do the USA work with FCI.
Old 26-08-2009, 00:08   #10
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
I don't understand one thing: why do people who hate this private website and openly criticize it again and again in a deplorable manner, ofend regularly its owners/admins/moderators, throw accusations on CSV owners/breeders, not only keep posting here, but also care if they are listed or not and vicitmize themselves if they aren't. There is no obligation to be a member of this community, especially if you hate if so much and think so badly of it!

It's like a case when somebody went to somebody's private home in muddy boots, broke the best vase, called the hosts names, ofended other vistors and then was surprised/shocked and cross that he was not invited again to that place. Why don't you guys take your toys and go to another sand-pit or build your own one where you can apply rules and regulations you wish?

This was explained plainly by the Admin or Margo a few days or weeks ago. Just browse the forum a bit and you'll find the answer.
it started when you and your cronnie friends accused me of mixing other breeds of dogs with my czechs, when i told the truth that i did cross my czech with a wolf and that it was my private breeding programme with my friends from Europe and USA, your little group then told me what i should and should not do, many of my friends from Europe have been sending me private emails since your post has went on line, telling me to ignore you that you are a stupid person and that you talk for yourself not the people of Europe or for wolfdog.org, i have good dogs in uk as many European people have visited and commented on, i have worked hard for 6 yrs and we have news from k.c. that the cws will be registered very soon, i am not and will not be held responsable for the people in uk who cross breed with other breeds to make money solely because they can now say there puppies have wolf content and can demand big money, i have imported 3 new dogs this year and several more come before christmas so i will be breeding pure czechs in uk and when breed is recognised it will be my great pleasure to invite everyone from Europe to come to the uk show rings and let the generl public see more for these wonderful dogs and we can then show our dogs in Europe if we wish to do so, i know a lot of people in Europe and that is all over Europe and one of my dearest friends is from your country and has seen my dogs, i clearly state on my website that i have two differnt types of wolfdogs the mating i done was for new bloodlines for my friends in Europe and USA, whom i hassen to add have no interest in czech wolfdogs at all, and we have no intentions to register any of these wolfdogs as cws as you and some of your friends implied, your friends also accused my dear friend Jan from Germany who has one of these wolfdogs of going to cross it with a sarrloos, his puppy was just 12 weeks old at the time, he dosnt even own a saarloos or czech for that matter, so you see Rona if you and your friends make accusations on line that is not correct then yes you will get it right back, one more thing before i go, i introduced the cws to uk, i have bred 3 litters in 9 years, i have taken 6 yrs to get the law chaged in uk, soon my work will get the cws recognised by the kennel club, i moved and hid my dogs 3 times to stop them being siezed by authorities, risked going to jail, i done this not for praise, not for self esteem or glory, i done this because i love my cws. I got lots of support from all over Europe and have done for the last 6 years people who do not come on hear often because of people like you, these people are dedicated to the breed, and have no time what so ever for your sarcasium and slander about things you know nothing about. so i end with my own sarcastic remark as you know i will,, GO TAKE YOUR 1 WOLFDOG FOR A WALK.........
Old 26-08-2009, 00:20   #11
solowolf

Quote:

Artemis Testamonium diaboli
Old 26-08-2009, 00:38   #12
solowolf

Quote:

my last post only put up the name of a dog that i asked in your oppinion is this dog a pure CWS ? there are also lots of other photos on this site where the dogs look not as to fit the breed standard by a long way, you also state only breeders from uk that do not cross with other breeds will be accepted, i take it this also applies to any country not just u.k.,? like for instance France or Italy as examples only of coarse,,,, oh yes if you could let me know if i am classed as x breeder, i used a male CWS on a wolf,, but you do state mix CZW with other breeds,, the wolf is not breed but Species, is this o.k. or are you going to change the rules again for u.k.
was this not done in Europe? maybe i get mixed up........
Old 26-08-2009, 22:42   #13
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Quote:
so how come you have two reeders from USA on the breeders listing are they under FCI,? do they have proper USA pedigrees,and do the USA work with FCI.
To answer your question, as one of the "listed USA breeders"....

My oldest male and female are registered with the AKC Foundation Stock Service (FSS), which is the preliminary phase for rare or new breeds. My younger female's paperwork is pending, my younger male will be registered once I have his paperwork from Italy. After 300 dogs/150 owners are registered with the FSS, the breed moves into the Miscellaneous class for a year before being eligible for AKC sanctioned conformation events. In the FSS phase, the CSV is eligible for performance, working and companion events once a breed club, standard, and 3 generation pedigreed dogs are established in the US. The AKC and FCI will reciprocate with pedigrees - each honors the other. Imported dogs must be DNA verified with the AKC (and match the microchip/tattoo inserted by the breeder's vet) before their litters can be registered. Beyond that, is up to the American breed club to establish a code of ethics for breeders related to the AKC.

At this point in time, I imagine most, if not all, CSVs bred in the US will remain in the US (although I have had some inquiries about future litters from some mutt breeders in the UK - I didn't respond), since they don't possess any uniquely diverse genes that are not already in Europe. There is a higher chance of dogs in the UK making their way to mainland Europe, I would imagine, simply out of closer proximity.

I also health test all of my dogs before I breed...my 2 oldest have their Penn-Hip results (which takes 3 x-rays - distraction, Norberg, and standard hip-extended view). In the standard hip-extended view, it was noted that there was no degenerative joint disease - HD, or cavitation in either dog. In laxity (looseness of hips), my male (Taabernakkelin Hronsek) had hip results of 0.38 and 0.39. My female (Anthea od Vlci SKaly) had hip results of 0.23 and 0.37. Both were in the 80th percentile for all breeds - they have tighter hips than 80% of all dogs tested. As far as I know, they are the only CSVs to take the Penn-Hip evaluation (currently it is a closed database). Once 20 CSVs have been tested, there will be specific statistics for the breed, and results will be even more useful and accurate. Margo already has copies of my certificate - it's her choice to use them (or not) if she thinks they will benefit the website.

Penn Hip website: http://research.vet.upenn.edu/Defaul...nn.edu/pennhip

Tool to find certified Penn-Hip vets in different countries that give Penn-Hip tests (in the USA, it's a bit more expensive than OFA - but the standard x-ray can be taken at the same time, so x-rays only need to be taken once for submission to other foundations). Penn-hip will provide statistics for breed clubs:
http://research.vet.upenn.edu/Default.aspx?TabId=3539

Articles on the science of Penn-Hip:
http://www.amrottclub.org/health_pennhip.shtml
http://www.canismajor.com/dog/pennhip1.html

I will be testing for ED once my female is 2 years. Results will be found here (OFA hip results for 2 wolfdogs - not mine - can already be found here): http://www.offa.org/search.html (scroll to Czechoslovakian Wolfdog)

My CERF (eye) results are pending, and will be found here:
http://sunnycrest.vmdb.org/CerfWebSe...rchByName.aspx

Once I figure out a way to export my dog's blood to the Netherlands, I'd also like to test for the dwarfism gene.

I love this breed, and really do want to start things out right in the USA...this year I was very lucky to see my first bonitation (in Roudnice nad Labem, in April), and also to meet Karel Hartl and many owners, breeders and wolfdogs!

Blusteel also has very good intentions, and have a history of ethical breeding of the Cane Corso.

All of the very best,
Marcy
Old 26-08-2009, 23:04   #14
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
GO TAKE YOUR 1 WOLFDOG FOR A WALK.........
Communist scientists used to claim that quantity turns into quality, but nobody sane belives it any more

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 23:58   #15
**HOWLINGWOLF**

Quote:
Communist scientists used to claim that quantity turns into quality, but nobody sane belives it any more
But less we not forget 1945 to 1989 Communist era
**HOWLINGWOLF** jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 00:07   #16
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildenmorgen View Post
To answer your question, as one of the "listed USA breeders"....

My oldest male and female are registered with the AKC Foundation Stock Service (FSS), which is the preliminary phase for rare or new breeds. My younger female's paperwork is pending, my younger male will be registered once I have his paperwork from Italy. After 300 dogs/150 owners are registered with the FSS, the breed moves into the Miscellaneous class for a year before being eligible for AKC sanctioned conformation events. In the FSS phase, the CSV is eligible for performance, working and companion events once a breed club, standard, and 3 generation pedigreed dogs are established in the US. The AKC and FCI will reciprocate with pedigrees - each honors the other. Imported dogs must be DNA verified with the AKC (and match the microchip/tattoo inserted by the breeder's vet) before their litters can be registered. Beyond that, is up to the American breed club to establish a code of ethics for breeders related to the AKC.

At this point in time, I imagine most, if not all, CSVs bred in the US will remain in the US (although I have had some inquiries about future litters from some mutt breeders in the UK - I didn't respond), since they don't possess any uniquely diverse genes that are not already in Europe. There is a higher chance of dogs in the UK making their way to mainland Europe, I would imagine, simply out of closer proximity.

I also health test all of my dogs before I breed...my 2 oldest have their Penn-Hip results (which takes 3 x-rays - distraction, Norberg, and standard hip-extended view). In the standard hip-extended view, it was noted that there was no degenerative joint disease - HD, or cavitation in either dog. In laxity (looseness of hips), my male (Taabernakkelin Hronsek) had hip results of 0.38 and 0.39. My female (Anthea od Vlci SKaly) had hip results of 0.23 and 0.37. Both were in the 80th percentile for all breeds - they have tighter hips than 80% of all dogs tested. As far as I know, they are the only CSVs to take the Penn-Hip evaluation (currently it is a closed database). Once 20 CSVs have been tested, there will be specific statistics for the breed, and results will be even more useful and accurate. Margo already has copies of my certificate - it's her choice to use them (or not) if she thinks they will benefit the website.

Penn Hip website: http://research.vet.upenn.edu/Defaul...nn.edu/pennhip

Tool to find certified Penn-Hip vets in different countries that give Penn-Hip tests (in the USA, it's a bit more expensive than OFA - but the standard x-ray can be taken at the same time, so x-rays only need to be taken once for submission to other foundations). Penn-hip will provide statistics for breed clubs:
http://research.vet.upenn.edu/Default.aspx?TabId=3539

Articles on the science of Penn-Hip:
http://www.amrottclub.org/health_pennhip.shtml
http://www.canismajor.com/dog/pennhip1.html

I will be testing for ED once my female is 2 years. Results will be found here (OFA hip results for 2 wolfdogs - not mine - can already be found here): http://www.offa.org/search.html (scroll to Czechoslovakian Wolfdog)

My CERF (eye) results are pending, and will be found here:
http://sunnycrest.vmdb.org/CerfWebSe...rchByName.aspx

Once I figure out a way to export my dog's blood to the Netherlands, I'd also like to test for the dwarfism gene.

I love this breed, and really do want to start things out right in the USA...this year I was very lucky to see my first bonitation (in Roudnice nad Labem, in April), and also to meet Karel Hartl and many owners, breeders and wolfdogs!

Blusteel also has very good intentions, and have a history of ethical breeding of the Cane Corso.

All of the very best,
Marcy
then after reading this your dogs are not eligable to attend any FCI show and are not under FCI ruling, so therefor technically according to what the Admin has stated you should not be on the breeders listings, but be as uk breeders not listed, but i am glad to see you and your countries flag up there it lets people see that people in USA are working for the breed, in uk we are lucky as we only need 10 imports and we have these all from different lines, all breeding stock is health checked, we do get abuse about our dogs but as your dogs, they all originated from Europe.......our dogs can go onto rare breeds registry and can compete at shows in UK and Europe, it seems very unfair to ask for so many dogs and owners, if you have 10 or more dogs from different lines then you can breed for many years befor needing new lines, why can they not accept this as a good enough gene pool for say 5 years after which you would then when required and via your club import more new lines. the uk kennel club take show statiistics into consideration and if you look at them on this site under showing you will see the mumbers for most shows are small,we also have letters from many European reeders who have stated we can use there stud dogs to increase our gene pool as we can now travel freely to Europe on passports to breed our bitchs, i am sure if you ask the breeders in Europe you can get frozen seamen straws for AI to USA. the k.cluub in uk have given lots of leeway for new and rare breeds ,
Old 27-08-2009, 00:20   #17
solowolf

Quote:
why dont you be a good girl or i will put up all the emaills i was sent when you where ignorant and abusive to peoplle in uk, and some where from people you know very well, this would take the grin of your silly little smiley faces.
Old 27-08-2009, 05:29   #18
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Quote:
then after reading this your dogs are not eligable to attend any FCI show and are not under FCI ruling, so therefor technically according to what the Admin has stated you should not be on the breeders listings, but be as uk breeders not listed, but i am glad to see you and your countries flag up there it lets people see that people in USA are working for the breed, in uk we are lucky as we only need 10 imports and we have these all from different lines, all breeding stock is health checked, we do get abuse about our dogs but as your dogs, they all originated from Europe.......our dogs can go onto rare breeds registry and can compete at shows in UK and Europe, it seems very unfair to ask for so many dogs and owners, if you have 10 or more dogs from different lines then you can breed for many years befor needing new lines, why can they not accept this as a good enough gene pool for say 5 years after which you would then when required and via your club import more new lines. the uk kennel club take show statiistics into consideration and if you look at them on this site under showing you will see the mumbers for most shows are small,we also have letters from many European reeders who have stated we can use there stud dogs to increase our gene pool as we can now travel freely to Europe on passports to breed our bitchs, i am sure if you ask the breeders in Europe you can get frozen seamen straws for AI to USA. the k.cluub in uk have given lots of leeway for new and rare breeds ,
As I understand, once the breed is recognized by the KC - and the dogs in the UK have KC recognized pedigrees which reciprocate with the FCI - they will also be "recognized" by this website as registered dogs. Maybe I am wrong....but I don't think it has to do with shows; it's more about the dogs being "legally recorded and recognized" in their country of birth. KC issued pedigrees will serve as legal "proof" of a dog's pedigree. My dogs (and future litters - none have ever been bred here) are registered with the AKC/FSS - they are legally recorded in the US registry. I also heard it is possible to register US dogs with the Puerto Rico branch of the FCI, since they are a US territory...something I might look into if the need were to arise...but I don't know the exact regulations of the FCI, so that could be wrong.

As far as litters/breeders being listed on this site, I think it is the regulation that kennels that breed mixes are banished - whether they are from the UK or another country...I've never bred a mixed litter (or purebred CSV litter), or had my dogs involved with one, so maybe it is also the reason I am still listed. If I followed the practice, I would also be banished. I think the "elusive Admin" tries to be fair, but he/she/they also do their best to look out for the best interest of the breed in maintaining the site...this is a narrow and difficult line to walk...a difficult part of leadership of the site, I imagine, especially knowing they will make some people upset. In many breed clubs in the USA, there is a code of ethics breeders must follow - a set of rules meant to protect the dogs - that has sanctions against breeders who breed mixed litters intentionally (it's viewed as an unethical practice) - the sanctions may be fines, or a period (usually 1-5 years) where dogs/litters owned by the breeder can't be registered, exhibited, etc. I don't know what the steps to redemption are for this site to be listed again, if there are any...but it is a private site, so those steps aren't required either. It is a privilege - but not a right - to be listed here. The privilege comes to those who abide by the rules - sometimes there are areas which are not so clear which must be responded to and worked through as the need arises (like the problem with ED on the other thread)- that is part of change and evolution with any organization, especially when there is no precedant...but again, this is only my perception...maybe I am wrong.

As for the AKC...haha...that is a whole different huge, ugly can of worms. It is based on money - until you have a large amount of dogs registered, the AKC doesn't think it is worth their time to devote attention to a breed. Once a breed is recognized, it becomes very political with professional handlers. Many newer (especially working) breed clubs have fought against recognition by the AKC...us Americans have a bad reputation for doing bad things to some dog breeds...our shelters and veterinary clinics full of genetically unhealthy dogs are living proof...this is part of the reason I was attracted to the CSV - it is a breed with real potential here, one that hasn't been ruined by poor breeding in the US. And now, it is why I do my best to steer it in a good direction in any way I can in the US. Mostly for fun, and to introduce other people to the breed, I show in UKC shows (no professional handlers allowed) - but this registry is not recognized by the FCI.

Marcy

Last edited by GalomyOak; 27-08-2009 at 05:35.
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 14:09   #19
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

As usual when some users are around the thread is totally out of its original text.
Can we create another endless thread AGAIN for UK&US breeding please

by the way, i asked already and ask again

WHO IS ADMIN
massimo
Old 02-09-2009, 18:26   #20
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
As usual when some users are around the thread is totally out of its original text.
Can we create another endless thread AGAIN for UK&US breeding please

massimo
My interpretation of this thread is that it is about frustrations over missing information, and the anonymity of "Admin" on WD. Paul stuck to this topic -though his information is missing for other reasons...even with the topic of UK being gone over many times before before, maybe he still doesn't understand, who knows, so I tried to explain one more time - what I have interpreted. Truthfully, I'd have never said anything at all - I'm sick of bickering too - but my kennel (and registration...and reputation) was addressed in Paul's thread. So, since no administrators answered, I gave my analysis of why my kennel is listed, and his is not. I also gave some results (Penn-Hip) that have not been posted on WD - and yes, it's a little frustrating - but it's not my website, so it's not my business, there are no blatant falsifications - I don't care too much. I do get questions in private emails (from Americans) who have looked at my dog's WD pages (and found my kennel here), and seen there are no HD results - so, in light of being addressed by Paul, I listed the online resources where American results can be found (other than WD), for anyone that might be interested - Americans (there are many), or otherwise.

Most discussions evolve (in person, or on a forum) in different ways - but maybe next time I will start 10 new threads for each related thought or detail I have about a topic.

As far as I know, there are no threads (other than people popping on every now and then to ask about it) about American breeding - since no litters have ever been bred in the US. If moderators or Admin want to move it to a new thread, it's no problem. In that case, I apologize for my confusion. I have faith in them to make a good judgement. I don't think Admin is Mickey Mouse - it's either Margo or Przemek - or someone they trust - and that is enough for me.

Don't deride me, please, Massimo....so far as I know, I have done nothing to wrong you...

Marcy