Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 22-07-2010, 19:57   #1
Heaven

Default How much?

Am fairly new here. My question is how much is the price of a puppy coming from either Czeck Republik or Slovakia breeder? Of course plus the shipping cost..........How much does a buyer pay in reserving a wolf pup? Just hope there's not much difference in pricing compared here in the US.
Heaven jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 08:39   #2
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
How much does a buyer pay in reserving a wolf pup?
How do you mean that???

Michael
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 08:56   #3
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Hi Heaven. Look at section "breeders", choose slovak and czech breeders and write them personally. It is most quick way .
Hanka
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 14:47   #4
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

I'm curious what prices you have compared to here in the US...or who has agreed to sell you a wolf.
Old 23-07-2010, 17:08   #5
Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
How do you mean that???

Michael
I mean, the reservation fee.
Old 23-07-2010, 17:13   #6
Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
I'm curious what prices you have compared to here in the US...or who has agreed to sell you a wolf.
Sorry, I wasnt able to made it clear. What I meant is with other breeds here in the US. Most of them will ask for a reservation fee of $100 to $150 for a pup. Just wanna know how much Czech and Slovak breeders accepts reservation fees. Thanks again.
Old 23-07-2010, 20:01   #7
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Sorry, I wasnt able to made it clear. What I meant is with other breeds here in the US. Most of them will ask for a reservation fee of $100 to $150 for a pup. Just wanna know how much Czech and Slovak breeders accepts reservation fees. Thanks again.
reservation- free big % breeder not want a reservation money, You pay when thake a puppy.
And why interesing only in CZ - Sk breeders? others country not have a wolfdog?
Old 23-07-2010, 23:14   #8
*Satu

Send a message via MSN to *Satu

Puppy price in Finland is too much....(wolfpuppy)
Old 24-07-2010, 11:44   #9
Pavel

Send a message via Skype™ to Pavel

Quote:
Am fairly new here. My question is how much is the price of a puppy coming from either Czeck Republik or Slovakia breeder? Of course plus the shipping cost..........How much does a buyer pay in reserving a wolf pup? Just hope there's not much difference in pricing compared here in the US.
Its not necessary to create here a new forum thread about any question. We have in menu a section FAQ, where quastion about price is on the top - http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/articles/244.html.
Pavel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 22:34   #10
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

The main problem is that this FAQ is not new, it shows the price of the pups mainly when you live in the same country that the breeder, but its not truth when you live outside.
Clearly it's for warn people about the unconscious cheap litters comming from pressuposed CzW parents without pedigree and no health control.
The prices of a CzW in the origins countries commonly float around 1000 euros to 1500 euros when it's for export, but depending on the country and of the breeder it can reach over 4000 euros.
Old 24-07-2010, 22:34   #11
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Question

Quote:
But I hope you understand it is not a "wolf pup" but a dog breed ???
They are low or very low content wolfdogs and a FCI registered breed.

Sorry price in Cz or SL I do not know anyting about

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 25-07-2010, 23:59   #12
lupis

Quote:
My question is how much is the price of a puppy coming from either Czeck Republik or Slovakia breeder?
I asked and nice puppy was 600EUR-800EUR. But some breeder write me price 1000EUR and some 1500EUR. But I not idiot to pay so much with no reason.
Now I in contact with breeder from other country with nice working dogs. I wait for a litter opf my favourite male and will pay 800EUR for first choose puppy. Both parent are top quality.
lupis jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 20:34   #13
Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
The main problem is that this FAQ is not new, it shows the price of the pups mainly when you live in the same country that the breeder, but its not truth when you live outside.
Clearly it's for warn people about the unconscious cheap litters comming from pressuposed CzW parents without pedigree and no health control.
The prices of a CzW in the origins countries commonly float around 1000 euros to 1500 euros when it's for export, but depending on the country and of the breeder it can reach over 4000 euros.
Thanks you so much for your explaination Nebulosa. I appreciate it. Any idea how much is the reservation fee for a puppy? I received an email from one of the breeder who posted on this thread, thank you so much.
Old 26-07-2010, 21:14   #14
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Question

Quote:
Any idea how much is the reservation fee for a puppy? I received an email from one of the breeder who posted on this thread, thank you so much.
Way do you just not ask the breeder about it ???

Nomal reservation fee is 15-20%

But I hope you know what you are about to order ???

Best regards / Mikael
Old 26-07-2010, 21:40   #15
Pavel

Send a message via Skype™ to Pavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
For your info only. FAQ says, how much cost CsW in CZ and this information still valid.
Pavel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 03:56   #16
pdmcgrane

Send a message via AIM to pdmcgrane Send a message via MSN to pdmcgrane

The total price (puppy, shipping, paperwork nonsense and bogus importation fees, crate, etc...) I paid was around 3000 US dollars. The Euro is a killer.... or was at the time I got my puppy earlier in the year so it really inflated prices. Hope that gives you an idea of what you might be paying- it's an expensive little venture.
pdmcgrane jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 07:31   #17
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Thanks you so much for your explaination Nebulosa. I appreciate it. Any idea how much is the reservation fee for a puppy?
No breeder had asked me a fee to confirm the reservation, at start I sent the money for the breeder before travel for pick up the pup, soon I discovered that was easiest to travel with the money and pay direct to the breeder when I picked up the pup than send it via bank and pay several taxes for it.

Quote:
I received an email from one of the breeder who posted on this thread, thank you so much.
Have you ever thought about "why would a breeder be so willing to send a pup to another continent?", Czechoslovakian wolfdogs aren't Golden Retrievers or Rottweilers, where you have a lot of bloodlines and animals to use and select, it's a new breed with a very small genetic pool and even less good stud animals.
A good breeder will select the breed for improve it, futurely the breeder will want to use the dog that he breed at breeding, so its common good breeders with good and interesting litters not accept easily to send a dog for far away, as it probably will be a "lost dog" for breeding for them.
Looking at these points you can see that you will only get a good dog if a good breeder already trust you enough for it.
Also, as you live in USA, every good male or good female can be very interesting for the future of the breed in your country as it can be a stud, so the best thing you can do is talk with the North American Breeders and let them help you pointing wich announced litters would be interesting for import, they can help you to chose the litter as, in extreme cases, they can even help you to get in contact with the breeder.
Enter in contact with them, enjoy the opportunity of already have breeders and CzW's in your country to know the breed personaly, see if it's realy what you want for be your friend to the next 15 years and also if you're experienced and prepared enough for have one.
Old 27-07-2010, 09:37   #18
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Paula. If it is "for me", I had not problem to send puppy to Patrick. He is very good owner for my puppy. I don´t think, Zahara will be "lost" for breeding. Patrick is in contact with "guarant" of wolfdogs in US- Marcy (Galomy oak) and if Patrick will want, Zahara can be used for US breeding. I hope, Marcy will create US club for our breed and breeding will be "under control". I am happy about so good owner as Patrick is, he works with her and he help to do "good name" of our breed there.
I think, blood of my Wickey and Czambor is not "uniquate" here in Czech. We can have more pups with this blood here in Czech. And I can (and I will) repeat this combination.
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 09:59   #19
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

And I send in this year one very good male to USA. No problem too send when owner is good and know who is who. I hope my male help with good blood in USA.
I hope one- USA breeder have brain and see who he make with breeding- hope Marcy help with this. My not very like situation when we can have in future "USA wolfdog" - new breed with USA dogs breeding typs (who we can see in others breeds) - longhairig, or with bad angulation or with bad collor. If owner interesing in litters who want buy, not listen only bla bla bla - be ok. I hope...
Old 27-07-2010, 14:36   #20
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfin View Post
And I send in this year one very good male to USA. No problem too send when owner is good and know who is who. I hope my male help with good blood in USA.
I hope one- USA breeder have brain and see who he make with breeding- hope Marcy help with this. My not very like situation when we can have in future "USA wolfdog" - new breed with USA dogs breeding typs (who we can see in others breeds) - longhairig, or with bad angulation or with bad collor. If owner interesing in litters who want buy, not listen only bla bla bla - be ok. I hope...
Cool! Which dog? Which state? I try to maintain a list of dogs in the US - it was really nice when Elf's program "revealed" all of the dogs that lived here (for now, anyways, it's possible to know how many dogs we have here - but not who or where - from the WD database). I hope also, that our breeding program puts out dogs that fit the European standard - I know it's something I look for in my own program...somehow I think we will need to figure out an efficient, reasonable way to use European rated studs though...not only the dogs that are imported permanently here. I spoke recently with a vet clinic who specializes in AI in the US - they said the costs for import/use of frozen AI are approximately $3,000, they usually have pretty good results with other breeds - but still a huge (expensive) risk.