Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Clubs & law > Czechoslovakian Vlcak Club of UK

Old 01-09-2011, 12:09   #1
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs
Default British Kennel Club Recognition

So now all I need to do is to find a breeder that trusts me not to cross a csv.....half way there to importing one
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 14:40   #2
hedeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacs2legs View Post
So now all I need to do is to find a breeder that trusts me not to cross a csv.....half way there to importing one
May be even that having ability to import one, people who really like CSV will have a choice, will not buy from dodgy breeders in UK, making their business less profitable, and eventually to stop it. All we have to do is to convince potential owners to rather get their dogs from trustworthy breeders from continent than from unsure in UK.
Well, I do not know situation here that well, but it makes sense to me.
hedeon jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 14:52   #3
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Just got a letter from UK - a man looking for a wolfdog female for his CzW-inuit cross Wants to "bring in a fresh line"
Maybe I just had to tell him to look for suitable dogs in France? He would find some friends among breeders there

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 14:56   #4
hedeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
Just got a letter from UK - a man looking for a wolfdog female for his CzW-inuit cross Wants to "bring in a fresh line"
Old 02-09-2011, 15:01   #5
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedeon View Post
Well, everything is ok - I think before selling puppies to "doubtful" countries, breeders should first consult some people we all know and trust here. Like in case of UK I would first maybe try to contact tupac2legs for example and ask if she knows anything about the concrete person This time the person was open about his plans, next time he might get smarter...

Old 02-09-2011, 16:47   #6
Shadowlands

Good tip Vaiva Tupacs2legs is a good contact and will give honest opinions (I don't know her personally, but have read a lot of her postings here and elsewhere and she only speaks common sense and good practice)

It's a bit like contacting breeders in the other country, except that there aren't any trustworthy ones (that I know of) in the UK. I know of one 'breeder' who sells Pure F3 CsV's in the UK...

Last edited by Shadowlands; 02-09-2011 at 16:51.
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 16:56   #7
hedeon

She would take responsibility for that person this way, you never know what he is going to do later on. But it is better to check with some one, than to not. Tupacs2legs is a good guardian of CVS purity
Old 02-09-2011, 21:03   #8
tupacs2legs
rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedeon View Post
She would take responsibility for that person this way, you never know what he is going to do later on. But it is better to check with some one, than to not. Tupacs2legs is a good guardian of CVS purity
how very nice of you to say so

yes,i hide no secret of loving and wanting to 'protect' the breed,its something that has 'upset' quite a few people

back to the topic....but im sooo happy,i would not of entertained importing under the old timescale
Old 02-09-2011, 22:07   #9
hedeon

Quote:
back to the topic....but im sooo happy,i would not of entertained importing under the old timescale

You can't imagine how happy I am. Once I felled in love with this breed, I have read more and more about them, just to find out there are very few pure CSV in UK. I said, it is not so bad, I can import one from homeland. Then I was told about 6 month quarantine. I was so ruined. Then Rona light up a little spark of hope, saying someone told her something is about to change
Old 02-09-2011, 23:20   #10
Tassle

It is great news - I would love a Saarloos - but no-one in this country will breed pure as 'people cannot cope with them'....

Its a line used as an excuse fro crossing the CsV in this country as well and makes me SO mad!

....one day......
(Dream on!!)
Tassle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:26   #11
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
It is great news - I would love a Saarloos - but no-one in this country will breed pure as 'people cannot cope with them'....

Its a line used as an excuse fro crossing the CsV in this country as well and makes me SO mad!

....one day......
(Dream on!!)
Eh?!
Does it mean they tell people that an FCI recognized breed with standarized character are less suitable to people than an mix with unpredictable character?!
Gosh... why do I breed pure dogs!? We should all start to only re-home mongrels then! Easier, less expensive and we end up saving lifes.

I can't laugh much of UK breeders while in here we have yet people who swear their molossers are free of HD because such ill "does not exist in the breed", that's why make the X rays would be only a waste of time as all dogs are naturaly free, even if it's an Bulldog or an Labrador.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:30   #12
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
We should all start to only re-home mongrels then! Easier, less expensive and we end up saving lifes.
a breeder and i have gone over this possibility (in jest only)... she would send me mutts from the european countryside and i will market them here as something exotic...
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:48   #13
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
how very nice of you to say so
It's a pity you're not a breeder, Layla! Think about it!

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:52   #14
Tassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
Eh?!
Does it mean they tell people that an FCI recognized breed with standarized character are less suitable to people than an mix with unpredictable character?!
Gosh... why do I breed pure dogs!? We should all start to only re-home mongrels then! Easier, less expensive and we end up saving lifes.

I can't laugh much of UK breeders while in here we have yet people who swear their molossers are free of HD because such ill "does not exist in the breed", that's why make the X rays would be only a waste of time as all dogs are naturaly free, even if it's an Bulldog or an Labrador.

...No - you can Laugh at the UK breeders.....its either that or cry!!

I got quite offended when they called my pure bred dog (not a Vlcak) an Inbred cripple!!.... because of course the other reason for crossing is that they (crosses) are always healthier.....
Tassle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:17   #15
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I got quite offended when they called my pure bred dog (not a Vlcak) an Inbred cripple!!.... because of course the other reason for crossing is that they (crosses) are always healthier.....
One might fear what they would call a pure vlcak?

I mean I have nothing against mixes or mongrels, we all know they make great pets! But I don't see any reason why producers of mixes call themselves breeders? The word "breed" indicates certain level of predictability of what one might expect from the dog he/she buys.

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:03   #16
hedeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
But I don't see any reason why producers of mixes call themselves breeders?
Probably more like lottery
Old 05-09-2011, 15:48   #17
BeatriceSlavinschi

Vaiva, please tell me ... do you have the name of the person?
I might get a similar email from UK. I'm almost certain is the same guy asking how he can get a puppy from Romania ... he also mentioned that he has a inuit/czech wolf ... but off course doesn't reveals his intentions this time.

Regards everyone,
Beatrice.
BeatriceSlavinschi jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:56   #18
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatriceSlavinschi View Post
Vaiva, please tell me ... do you have the name of the person?
I might get a similar email from UK. I'm almost certain is the same guy asking how he can get a puppy from Romania ... he also mentioned that he has a inuit/czech wolf ... but off course doesn't reveals his intentions this time.

Regards everyone,
Beatrice.
Well, this person just contacted me again, shouting that he read this topic and he feels I am writting about him. He states the his male is neutered and he is in fact looking for a purebred female for purebred breeding. Anyway, before that his answer to my long e-mail about the meaning of pedigree dogs and about the importance to widen breed's genopool but not to make mixes, was "interesting point of view" So... everyone can make ones own conclusions. I invited him to register here and tell his own possition.

Old 06-09-2011, 15:03   #19
BeatriceSlavinschi

Very well.
I understand that he contacted other breeders too ... so it's obvious he has access to this database. I'm also waiting to find out what he really intends to, but that will be off course just personal conclusions of everyone of us.
BeatriceSlavinschi jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 18:50   #20
tupacs2legs
rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
Well, this person just contacted me again, shouting that he read this topic and he feels I am writting about him. He states the his male is neutered and he is in fact looking for a purebred female for purebred breeding. Anyway, before that his answer to my long e-mail about the meaning of pedigree dogs and about the importance to widen breed's genopool but not to make mixes, was "interesting point of view" So... everyone can make ones own conclusions. I invited him to register here and tell his own possition.
i find it very annoying and very sad,that people want to breed first and foremost,rather than living with and learning about the breed.

to buy a rare breed for the whole attention of breeding means only one thing to me