Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breed standard & bonitations

Breed standard & bonitations How typical CzW should look like, measurements and commentaries to the breed standard, information about bonitations and youth presentations....

Old 08-06-2011, 21:34   #1
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak
Default Link to bonitation code

Is there any link (English or any other language) that shows the bonitation code and definitions? We used to have one on the site, but the link doesn't seem to work any more. I have had a few people ask about the meanings of the code, it would be a very useful resource to refer to.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:04   #2
elf

Hi,

You can find the card in this pdf: Bonitation

The geek way: you can also use this url:

http://www.wolfdog.org/php/modules.p...nitation&note=

Then at the end happend the caracteristic, for exemple if you want explanation of: A64 F2 K1 Xv53.1 Xf109.4 Og P3

You will use this url (passing the args at the end A64+F2+K1+Xv53.1+Xf109.4+Og+P3 ): http://www.wolfdog.org/php/modules.p...+Xf109.4+Og+P3

Cheers

Last edited by elf; 09-06-2011 at 09:07.
elf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:43   #3
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

I notice the Xv, Xf and Xh are not explained in the wolfdog database, so here it is:

Xv is the height index, the percentual ratio of length of the front leg (dog standing, from ground to elbow), to the height at withers, and according to the standard it should be 55 or more, if it is more that 54 it does not decrease the overall mark and is therefore not mentioned in the bonitation code.

Xf is the index of format, percentual ratio of length of body to the height in withers. According to the standard it should be between 108 and 111 (if I remember correctly), in this interval it does not affect the overall mark and is not written in the bonitation code (Xf<108 means too square format, Xf>111 means too long body)

Xh is the head index and is not written in the code now, but is calculated for the dogs, we are now compiling data to decide on the intervals that would affect the overall marks. And it is the ratio of the length of skull and the length of head, which should be around 2/3.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:46   #4
saschia

One more thing - there is a difference between czech and slovak bonitation code, the letter R, in czech code R1 means dry, in slovak it means firm. So in slovak bonitation code R is always mentioned and R1 is desirable, in czech code R is not mentioned and R1 is minor fault.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53   #5
Morian

Send a message via Skype™ to Morian

saschia, sorry for offtopic, but maybe it's interesting not for me only do you know which faults decrease overall mark? and which are allowed?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:34   #6
saschia

Morian, something is in the Bonitation.pdf link in elf's comment, otherwise I don't know much about it still - only learning. It is the work of judge to know which things have what effect ;o)
Old 09-06-2011, 11:36   #7
Morian

i know, saschia i ask because i see very big differences in codes given by different judges. so i think bonitation as a procedure must be unified for all = some rules must exist, no?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:11   #8
saschia

That's a big problem actually, and a thing of dispute. Like for example in Czech bonitations, the indexes do not decrease overall marks. But this is a political thing too and that is something I really do not want to have anything to do with...
Old 09-06-2011, 12:36   #9
Morian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
political thing
exactly
i always tell to all people here that they must pass bonitation etc., but what to say when people see too different results? i want to joke a little - i will make bonitation for my own dog at all possible judges... just to see the difference but i'm afraid that result of such experiment will be too disappointing for me i'm sure that it's possible for the same dog to get p14 from one judge and p1 from another... what sense?

Last edited by Morian; 09-06-2011 at 12:41.
Morian jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 15:24   #10
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morian View Post
exactly
i always tell to all people here that they must pass bonitation etc., but what to say when people see too different results? i want to joke a little - i will make bonitation for my own dog at all possible judges... just to see the difference but i'm afraid that result of such experiment will be too disappointing for me i'm sure that it's possible for the same dog to get p14 from one judge and p1 from another... what sense?
No sense That's why I chose the other option and will not bonitate my CSV.

However, I agree with what Margo wrote on the Polish wd the other day: that owners who do not intend to bonitate their dogs should agree to have them properly measured by a bonitation commission for the sake of the breed development. If such option is made available, I have no objection to have my dog measured.

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 15:38   #11
Morian

totally agree with you
but the problem is that even only measurments can be done not too honestly. i know some examples, i even have 2 copies of boniation cards where it's visible that results was edited by the judge (!), but indexes remained correct. also i saw as minimum 2 wolfdogs which surely have wrong indexes in their codes... so i came to the conclusion - i can measure my own dogs honestly just to know their faults, there is no need to pass such bonitations where only personal politics matter. but ok, i will pass bonitation with all my wolfdogs just pro forma. sorry for my herecy, yes
Old 09-06-2011, 15:45   #12
Shadowlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
No sense That's why I chose the other option and will not bonitate my CSV.

However, I agree with what Margo wrote on the Polish wd the other day: that owners who do not intend to bonitate their dogs should agree to have them properly measured by a bonitation commission for the sake of the breed development. If such option is made available, I have no objection to have my dog measured.

I too would agree to this, indeed would like to have it done . Our biggest issue would be that the distance involved may be too great for the owners of our dogs - maybe there could be several dates all around Europe (from here Greece, Bulgaria and Romania could be served). Who would we need to speak to to try to organise something?
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 15:51   #13
Morian

sadie, let's go to slovakia in july
Old 09-06-2011, 17:08   #14
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morian View Post
totally agree with you
but the problem is that even only measurments can be done not too honestly. i know some examples, i even have 2 copies of boniation cards where it's visible that results was edited by the judge (!), but indexes remained correct. also i saw as minimum 2 wolfdogs which surely have wrong indexes in their codes... so i came to the conclusion - i can measure my own dogs honestly just to know their faults, there is no need to pass such bonitations where only personal politics matter. but ok, i will pass bonitation with all my wolfdogs just pro forma. sorry for my herecy, yes
Well, that's the essence of my point. If the dog is measured at a bonitation, his owner wants to get the highest P possible, so he/she with the help of a friendly judge may be tempted to 'stretch' the results. (which, as we all know, sometimes happens)

If the measurments are to be taken solely for the databse of vlcak breed (I doubt if the size of the dog's scull or length of his legs would matter for a plain, normal owner ) - there'd be no sense to cheat.
I don't have a measure a home and don't know how to measure the dog properly... besides, the measurment has to been done officially if it is to appear in the database. In this case if the judge measured my dog wrongly, it would be neither my problem, nor my dog's )

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:25   #15
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Well, that's the essence of my point. If the dog is measured at a bonitation, his owner wants to get the highest P possible, so he/she with the help of a friendly judge may be tempted to 'stretch' the results. (which, as we all know, sometimes happens)

If the measurments are to be taken solely for the databse of vlcak breed (I doubt if the size of the dog's scull or length of his legs would matter for a plain, normal owner ) - there'd be no sense to cheat.
I don't have a measure a home and don't know how to measure the dog properly... besides, the measurment has to been done officially if it is to appear in the database. In this case if the judge measured my dog wrongly, it would be neither my problem, nor my dog's )
In Pozna, Poland this year we went to a youth presentation & bonitation and it was as you wrote here, Roma.