Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 08-09-2011, 12:16   #1
admin

Default "Approved for Breeding" tags

I received some threats from the UK breeders because we marked their dogs as "do not use for breeding".

Let's clarify it - Czechoslovakian Wolfdog is an FCI recognized breed. And ONLY dogs with FCI registered/recognized pedigreed are "allowed for breeding". It is the FCI rule which we must and will follow. So all non-FCI dogs are marked like this.

Additionally - some dogs imported to UK are possible Saarloos mixes. There are also MANY Inuits-, Utanongan-, Wolfdog-, something-CsW mixes in UK. Such dogs are also marked as "Mixed breed" with addition "do not use for breeding" EVEN if the breeder sold the puppies "promising" the buyers that the puppies are purebreed.

IF your dog(s) have an FCI valid pedigree and there is no doubt that there are no mixes in his/her pedigree pleasee contact us and we wll remove the affix.
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:55   #2
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
I received some threats from the UK breeders because we marked their dogs as "do not use for breeding".

Let's clarify it - Czechoslovakian Wolfdog is an FCI recognized breed. And ONLY dogs with FCI registered/recognized pedigreed are "allowed for breeding". It is the FCI rule which we must and will follow. So all non-FCI dogs are marked like this.

Additionally - some dogs imported to UK are possible Saarloos mixes. There are also MANY Inuits-, Utanongan-, Wolfdog-, something-CsW mixes in UK. Such dogs are also marked as "Mixed breed" with addition "do not use for breeding" EVEN if the breeder sold the puppies "promising" the buyers that the puppies are purebreed.

IF your dog(s) have an FCI valid pedigree and there is no doubt that there are no mixes in his/her pedigree pleasee contact us and we wll remove the affix.
threats?...... i do not see why the truth would annoy these breeders if they bought non fci dogs what do they expect????

...it wont stop them breeding anyway... odd

mind you,i just looked at my dog...do u mean 'possibly a wolfdog' ?that is kinda rude!!! yes he is non fci as his mother was not registered(father was) yes hes a non registered dog but still a wolfdog!!!

snobbery

Last edited by tupacs2legs; 08-09-2011 at 13:04.
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 14:02   #3
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak
Default US dogs...for breeding...or not?

Currently American pedigrees are not recognized by the FCI (until we are an "official AKC breed"). We will not be eligible for this status until we have 150-200 registered and active dogs in the US. We do have AKC registries/pedigrees however, and I guess it is more of a formality. However, our American-bred puppies should not be, for instance exported to an FCI country for breeding until we are a fully-recognized AKC breed - and only used for breeding in the US for the time being.

I noticed on the new database there is a section "Breeding Information". It says that some dogs (including mine, which are very approved for breeding in the US) - are not approved for breeding. Does this simply mean they are without bonitation, and not approved for breeding in the home countries? (We hope to have a bonitation process in a few years...)

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2011, 20:53   #4
Tazer

Oh, they're throwing another tantrum now are they?

Perhaps they should've been more selective about the people they imported from in the first place...and then not abused the breed for their own selfish gain when they got them here.

I welcome the day when just one breeder in my country is able to prove that they can be trusted with this breed.

Taz
Who is sick to death of the csv breeders in their country.
Tazer jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 15:22   #5
Shadowlands

Default Approved for Breeding tags

Dear ADMIN,

I now see that my bitch has been changed from "Approved for breeding: NO" to "Approved for breeding: NO MORE" yet you have all her health data (HD A, ED 0, DM N/DM, PD N/N, MH N/N) and you assured me two weeks ago that it would be updated...

Then, I look up Fergus CW - owned by a non-FCI UK puppy farmer and with no/none/zero health data - and he is "Approved for breeding: YES"...

Please sort this bit of the database out as it is harmful to breeders, such as myself, who try to direct anyone who enquires about a puppy to this site only for them to see incorrect information. I have asked on several occasions if there is any more information you need from me, but you have not responded - from which I assume everything is acceptable.

I look forward to these issues being rectified SOON.

Thank you
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 18:27   #6
Shadowlands

Now I see CW Fergus has been changed to ???, but still no change for our girl
Old 21-09-2011, 19:10   #7
*Satu

Send a message via MSN to *Satu

hah! Ikala is not for breeding? Why? Basior why?
And When Elys will be my dog? (sendid info about 1000times)

My pack is total healty tested and they have show results.
If some breeder can give to own puppies bonitation codes can be best to take results away?

And Baron spod Dumbiera can be NOT FOR BREEDING!

Who is that person who gives breeding info?
*Satu jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 19:35   #8
Shadowlands

Ah, so I am not alone...

In a strange way, that makes me feel better
Old 21-09-2011, 19:49   #9
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

I think it's a new site hiccup

There are many nice breeders without breeding rights listed for their dogs right now. Hope it all gets resolved soon!

Can Admin tell us what are the prerequisites for being listed for breeding? Is it the same as old WD? HD results and FCI pedigree? Or has it changed?
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 09:11   #10
Shadowlands

Hello Admin,

Still no updates? Please can you give me an idea of when it may happen?

You took my information and changed the status of Fergus CW, so why not my dog?

I realise that there are hiccups to be ironed out and don't like to pester but you did message me 2 weeks ago to say that Wolfy von Konigs-Terry's status would be updated that day, yet still it has not happened...

Also, Yukidomari put a very valid query to you as well - have the prerequisites for breeding been changed?

Thank you for all your work
Old 23-09-2011, 09:30   #11
Navarre
VIP Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Navarre

There are complains on the ita forum as well.
Which requisites are needed for that tag?
Old 23-09-2011, 11:04   #12
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
Currently American pedigrees are not recognized by the FCI (until we are an "official AKC breed"). We will not be eligible for this status until we have 150-200 registered and active dogs in the US. We do have AKC registries/pedigrees however, and I guess it is more of a formality. However, our American-bred puppies should not be, for instance exported to an FCI country for breeding until we are a fully-recognized AKC breed - and only used for breeding in the US for the time being.
One question only: after the breed will be fully recognized will the puppies get the "official" AKC pedigrees?
Old 23-09-2011, 12:02   #13
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Yes, absolutely!
Old 23-09-2011, 13:41   #14
Shadowlands

I got all excited because I saw Admin has written on some posts today - so checked up Wolfy von Konigs-Terry's status...

Approved for breeding: NO MORE

Why?? and what does this mean anyway??
Old 23-09-2011, 14:54   #15
Morian

Send a message via Skype™ to Morian

for example - wolfdog is still not translated for 100%, it's just in work. what do you want and why you don't want to wait??
Old 23-09-2011, 15:08   #16
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
Yes, absolutely!
I though so. Because of it American litters will be advertised on Wolfdog and the dogs will be marked as "approved for breeding"
Old 23-09-2011, 15:18   #17
admin

Default Approved for Breeding tags

We are still working on the database so bugs will appear from time to time.

"Approved for breeding" is a dog which has breeding rights in the country where the dog lives AND the x-rays.

Nothing else is needed (no bonitation, no special show results, aso).

"Not for breeding" get dogs which:
- are not purebreed
- do not have full pedigree (any ancestors are unknown - NOT LISTED IN THE PEDIGREES) - we count all generations till 1.6.1999.
- have x-rays worser than HD-C
- have no x-rays
- ED worser than 0-0
- have any health problems which can be base on genetic - epilepsy, heart problems, aso...
- are owned by breeders who breed also mixes with CsW pedigrees (breeders who are blacklisted here on Wolfdog)

If any dogs fulfil the requirements to be "approved for breeding" but is listed as "not for breeding" - please contact us ([email protected]) and we will clear it.
Old 23-09-2011, 16:12   #18
Shadowlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morian View Post
for example - wolfdog is still not translated for 100%, it's just in work. what do you want and why you don't want to wait??
It is just that I was told it was done, but there is no change so I don't know if there is a problem or not. I know there is a lot of work to be done and what has been done is great

I have just seen the post by admin - thank you admin xx

Last edited by Shadowlands; 23-09-2011 at 16:23.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:34   #19
yukidomari

What happens if a breeder uses a dog "not for breeding"? Just the litter will not be advertised, correct?
Old 07-10-2011, 01:37   #20
yukidomari

What happens if a breeder uses a dog "not for breeding"? Just the litter will not be advertised, correct? Will the breeder still be listed on WD though?