Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Clubs & law

Clubs & law Information about CzW clubs in other countries, law concerning CzW and Kennel CLub regulations...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2009, 17:47   #21
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

I travel many times with my dogs 12-24 hours(by train), just for shows, exams and holiday and I never have any problems with stress, because my dogs are use to traveling ...all I want to say by this, all(most) dogs can be trained for everything, if the owner want it strong enough
...another option could be to pay the owner of the stud dog to travel as I think stress would not have any big effect on the stud dogs performance and it that way you would eleminate the risks by stressing the female in such a way that she will not stay pregnant.

Just some thoughts !

Rolf

Last edited by Juniorwolf; 31-08-2009 at 17:53. Reason: more text
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 20:05   #22
Nebulosa
Moderator
 
Nebulosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rio Grande do Sul
Posts: 1,332
Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildenmorgen
I guess another concern might be false identity of the male (in trying to breed mixes, perhaps...) Is there any kind of DNA test requirement (to establish verified parents) from the FCI with AI? In the US, it is required of imported sperm (and maybe also domestic, I forget...) and also imported dogs (who breed naturally) to have a valid DNA result from both parents before the AKC will register a litter.
ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION

13. Artificial insemination is not to be used on animals which have not reproduced naturally before. Exceptions (either the male or the female has not yet reproduced naturally) can be made by the national kennel clubs in certain cases. In the event the bitch is to be artificially inseminated, the veterinary surgeon collecting the stud dog’s sperm must provide a written certificate to the organisation which keeps the stud book with which the litter is to be registered stating that the fresh or frozen sperm was indeed produced by the agreed stud dog. In addition, the stud dog agent has to give, free of charge, the documents listed at Art.8 (a-g) to the owner of the bitch.

The costs for collecting the sperm and performing the insemination are charged to the owner of the bitch. The veterinary surgeon performing the insemination has to confirm to the organisation which keeps the stud book that the bitch has been artificially inseminated with the sperm of the stud dog originally foreseen. This certificate should also include the place and date of the insemination, the name and studbook registration number of the bitch and the name and address of the owner of the bitch.

The owner of the stud dog from which the semen was taken must provide a signed stud service certificate to the owner of the bitch in addition to the veterinary surgeon’s certificate.



... So ended that its up to the breeder ask the DNA, but even if it not be truth, the situation will be really complicate because it will put in cause the credibility of the vet which collected the semen.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
I travel many times with my dogs 12-24 hours(by train), just for shows, exams and holiday and I never have any problems with stress, because my dogs are use to traveling ...all I want to say by this, all(most) dogs can be trained for everything, if the owner want it strong enough
You see, I have no problems at all to travel with my dogs in the car, trains and land transport, independant of the time it need, the main problem are airports, not all companies are experienced in travel with animals, not all airports in the world gives real attention to the dogs and are prepared for receive animals, as sometimes we can see pretty confusing situations, like the one mentionated by carlos.
Anyway dogs with the size of a addult CzW canot travel in the cabin, they go alone, in a box, passing for a very different pressure, speed and so on on the up and down of the airplane, shakes in the air because the turbulence, with the box handled by some different people, putted in a moving giant car together with the baggage ( sometimes more than 2 times, because the conections), believe me, its a very difficult situation for even think in training, no coment about the stress of all that.

In truth, If I live in europe I would go by car everywhere finding all so close, so mate dogs would be no problem, but I really can't be used as exemple.

Quote:
...another option could be to pay the owner of the stud dog to travel as I think stress would not have any big effect on the stud dogs performance and it that way you would eleminate the risks by stressing the female in such a way that she will not stay pregnant.

Just some thoughts !
It would be nice, but remembering that not all stud dog owners are breeders and have idea about the breed situation, selection and so on... not all stud dogs owners have time enough or even possibility to travel all that suddenly ( because the time we know the male must comes its pretty close to the one it must be already there for mate) only for the dog make "sex", because someone that he never saw in the life, that live in the another side of europe, or even of the world, need it for the breed sake.
__________________
http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1100_1.gif
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 20:30   #23
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
You see, I have no problems at all to travel with my dogs in the car, trains and land transport, independant of the time it need, the main problem are airports, not all companies are experienced in travel with animals, not all airports in the world gives real attention to the dogs and are prepared for receive animals, as sometimes we can see pretty confusing situations, like the one mentionated by carlos.
Anyway dogs with the size of a addult CzW canot travel in the cabin, they go alone, in a box, passing for a very different pressure, speed and so on on the up and down of the airplane, shakes in the air because the turbulence, with the box handled by some different people, putted in a moving giant car together with the baggage ( sometimes more than 2 times, because the conections), believe me, its a very difficult situation for even think in training, no coment about the stress of all that.
I think, in Europe it is possible in most cases, to find a company who have experience with animals, maybe it will be more expensive and maybe it will not be a national company, but I think it is only in rare cases that it will not be possible to find a company who have experience with animals, but ofcourse I don`t know the exact situation in all European countries, so maybe I am wrong ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
In truth, If I live in europe I would go by car everywhere finding all so close, so mate dogs would be no problem, but I really can't be used as exemple.
I too think in most cases it will be possible to go by car to a stud dog in Europe, just like you wrote. ....I fully agree with you, that you can not be used as an example in this case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
It would be nice, but remembering that not all stud dog owners are breeders and have idea about the breed situation, selection and so on... not all stud dogs owners have time enough or even possibility to travel all that suddenly ( because the time we know the male must comes its pretty close to the one it must be already there for mate) only for the dog make "sex", because someone that he never saw in the life, that live in the another side of europe, or even of the world, need it for the breed sake.
Nobody said breeding should be easy, but I think there is better options than AI ....at least inside Europe
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 16:38   #24
carlos2207
Junior Member
 
carlos2207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 48
Default

Sincerely I am surprised that people think that is more better to travel 6000 km with one wolfdog female in the car than to send by fly the sperm and do IA. Sincerely I am very surpresed
carlos2207 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 18:37   #25
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos2207 View Post
Sincerely I am surprised that people think that is more better to travel 6000 km with one wolfdog female in the car than to send by fly the sperm and do IA. Sincerely I am very surpresed
Personally I were speaking about Europe ...if you travel 6000km from Spain, you will no longer be in Europe !
I don`t see what the problem is about traveling 2500km by car ...if your dog is use to traveling by car ?

Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 19:28   #26
carlos2207
Junior Member
 
carlos2207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 48
Default

Ok Rolf, you have one opinion but I don´t agree with you opinion. Only one question, if you are a breeder and you have your job, why you prefer to travel 6000km in car and you leave your job (is very complicate because you don´t know when your female is in heat and you cannot to plane your hollidays) and never you would use AI?

Do you think that is posible? do you think that the spanish breders will do your recomendations?

Last edited by carlos2207; 04-09-2009 at 19:50.
carlos2207 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 19:32   #27
carlos2207
Junior Member
 
carlos2207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 48
Default

Ahh from my city to the French frontier is 800-900km. I live in the south east of Spain
carlos2207 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 20:25   #28
kaiku
www.lagretosa.jimdo.com
 
kaiku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: León
Posts: 30
Send a message via MSN to kaiku Send a message via Skype™ to kaiku
Default

The problem is when you have a holiday fixed and can not take anytime. How do 2.500 km. to go (24 hours) and the same back (5.000 km) and be in residence (any days) for the mate?.

Not is possible for me.

Greetings
kaiku jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 21:45   #29
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiku View Post
The problem is when you have a holiday fixed and can not take anytime. How do 2.500 km. to go (24 hours) and the same back (5.000 km) and be in residence (any days) for the mate?.

Not is possible for me.

Greetings
First of all, it is not necessary to choose the male who is living most far away, Italy is pretty close and have the largest number of CSW of any country in the world, it should be possible to find a stud dog there.
Another possibility could be to let the stud dog travel by plane, as there will be no risk for the stud dog to stay pregnant(due to stress by flying or what ever the problem might could be by flying with the female) as it is the female who gets pregnant and not the male, I am sure it will be same price if male goes to the female or if female goes to the male and it take exactly the same time

Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 00:06   #30
kaiku
www.lagretosa.jimdo.com
 
kaiku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: León
Posts: 30
Send a message via MSN to kaiku Send a message via Skype™ to kaiku
Default

Rolf, but in Italy is the same, any days for the mate. And depend of the place of Italy, about 2.000 km.

I think that the AI is very good for people like I.

Greetings
kaiku jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 00:54   #31
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiku View Post
Rolf, but in Italy is the same, any days for the mate. And depend of the place of Italy, about 2.000 km.

I think that the AI is very good for people like I.

Greetings
Same ? last you wrote 6000km ...France or Italy is a lot shorter than 6000km.(ofcourse depending on the place). 2000km is not a long way to travel for mating, in my opinion. I travel with my dogs several thousands km. every year, just for shows, exams and holiday ....by train !

I am sure it will be possible to find a stud dog who will be able to fly to your female, if it is a problem for you to fly or drive the female to the stud dog ...or maybe best choice will be to import a stud dog(just like Nebulosa wrote earlier) ?

Personally I don`t like the AI-concept, in any case it should be last choice, as I think all other options is to prefer, but that is just my humble opinion !

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:26   #32
kaiku
www.lagretosa.jimdo.com
 
kaiku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: León
Posts: 30
Send a message via MSN to kaiku Send a message via Skype™ to kaiku
Default

I not say 6.000 km, I say 5.000 km, but in total, go and return. For example I have Roma +2.000 km. France is more near. But, if I like a dog for my female of Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland..........?. I like more the natural mate, but if not is possible, I think that the AI is a good option. Is my opinion.

Anyway, the more problem is the stay, I have holidays only in summer. If my female into in heat in other date????.

Greetings
kaiku jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:51   #33
Juniorwolf
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiku View Post
I not say 6.000 km, I say 5.000 km
Sorry it were Carlos who wrote 6000km, but still I see no problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiku View Post
But, if I like a dog for my female of Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland..........?
So you must travel even longer... but why not choose stud dog from Finland or Brazil ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiku View Post
but if not is possible
But it is possible ! ...my mother always told me that everything is possible, if you want it strong enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiku View Post
Anyway, the more problem is the stay, I have holidays only in summer. If my female into in heat in other date????.
Have you considered, some of the other options mentioned earlier ?
The easy solution, is seldom the best solution and sometimes the solution who seems hardest, is actually the more easy and better solution, in the end ...in this case I think it is so

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:17   #34
Pavel
Moderator
 
Pavel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,190
Send a message via Skype™ to Pavel
Default

One notice only :

FCI International breeding rules
"...Artificial insemination is not to be used on animals which have not reproduced naturally before..."

Please dont break basic breeding rules with our lovely dogs !!!
Pavel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 20:22   #35
kaiku
www.lagretosa.jimdo.com
 
kaiku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: León
Posts: 30
Send a message via MSN to kaiku Send a message via Skype™ to kaiku
Default

Pavel, I'm totally agree.
kaiku jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 20:44   #36
Pavel
Moderator
 
Pavel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,190
Send a message via Skype™ to Pavel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiku View Post
Pavel, I'm totally agree.
Its not for agree or disagree, its simply rule, what must keep all CsW breeders as well.
Pavel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 20:47   #37
kaiku
www.lagretosa.jimdo.com
 
kaiku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: León
Posts: 30
Send a message via MSN to kaiku Send a message via Skype™ to kaiku
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
Its not for agree or disagree, its simply rule, what must keep all CsW breeders as well.

I'm agree with not break the rules.
kaiku jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 21:03   #38
Nebulosa
Moderator
 
Nebulosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rio Grande do Sul
Posts: 1,332
Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
One notice only :

FCI International breeding rules
"...Artificial insemination is not to be used on animals which have not reproduced naturally before..."

Please dont break basic breeding rules with our lovely dogs !!!

And only lack this part:

"Exceptions (either the male or the female has not yet reproduced naturally) can be made by the national kennel clubs in certain cases."

So, they can do it even if the male and the female still wasn't used on breeding, but they will need the agreement of the national club in this case.

Anyway, I disagree completly to make AI in dogs because "its too far away" when you can still go by car.Sorry but travel is a huge oportunity for breeder to meet other dogs and compare the quality, see what you need improve in your country, for me its a completly nonsense you use IA for avoid travel because its "too far away by car", sorry but travel by car is compeltly safe for you go and mate, as you have no difference in preassure, no different people handling the dogs box like a potatoe bag and, if the dog is well trained, no stress for the dog ( that mainly enjoy the trip).
As breeder people may have idea that will expend a lot of time and money for mate their females, its breeding, its improve the breed and its needed, if you cant or you don't want because " its too difficult as its far" so, don't breed, when you choose the breed you knew it was a new breed in your country and that needs a lot of work still, teorically everyone imagined that they will need to travel a long way for mates and bring new blood, so the road and the car isn't somethign new.
__________________
http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1100_1.gif
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 17:42   #39
Tuky
Moderator
 
Tuky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cadiz
Posts: 294
Send a message via MSN to Tuky Send a message via Skype™ to Tuky
Default

there is a saying that he says: " wanting is to be able " (querer es poder in spanish)

If it is wanted you can do in not alone car 2000 km, but the triple one if you propose it ... but it is necessary to think that they not all have the possibility of saying in the work that they cannot go because it has to go with his bitch to X km to mount it with a male

Let's not speak about the expenses that it bears.

This post began with the situation of Spain (as it is said here, Spain is different (to Europe). Few litters they have been I begin and 2 of the breeding ground more ancient are only repetitions...

In other races it is quite common to do it (both with refreshed and frozen semen), and common practice in the veterinary clinics (it is necessary to have special products but the same companies of transport of semen they usually give it)

One does not ask that they all should do IA, only they attract attention of us the rellazo towards her, being that it gives good results and helps to the genetic local changeability
__________________
solo con los lobos se aprende a aullar
Tuky jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 17:53   #40
Pavel
Moderator
 
Pavel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,190
Send a message via Skype™ to Pavel
Default

If everybody buy first CsW and want to breeding in the future, then must know any rules and eventually problems with it. Buying the dog just with planning, that I must have some speciality or breaking generaly breeding rules is, polite to say, miserable .
Pavel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Wolfdog.org