Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Old 16-11-2011, 02:08   #1
konstantin91

Default Gsd

I know that this is not forum for german shepherds but i have one question...
I have a female german shepherd, 2 years old. I got her while she was 1 year old. She is skinny or just look skinny, i still cant deside. I am using raw food to feed her, 1kg of meet + some bones + some vegetables. I dont use food that have sugar or that can make problems for digesting... I think i feed her enough but it still looks skinny to me? She dont have parasites so i dont know what stoping her to have a better look, to look more fat ? I also heard that problem may be bad genetics ?
Can someone give me pictures of his CzW from behind and with good angle on stomack and that part of body, so i can compare. I will upload pictures of my dog so someone with enough experience can give me advice.
I hope this post is not problem cause it is about gsd and not czw...
konstantin91 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 13:26   #2
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantin91 View Post
I know that this is not forum for german shepherds but i have one question...
I have a female german shepherd, 2 years old. I got her while she was 1 year old. She is skinny or just look skinny, i still cant deside. I am using raw food to feed her, 1kg of meet + some bones + some vegetables. I dont use food that have sugar or that can make problems for digesting... I think i feed her enough but it still looks skinny to me? She dont have parasites so i dont know what stoping her to have a better look, to look more fat ? I also heard that problem may be bad genetics ?
Can someone give me pictures of his CzW from behind and with good angle on stomack and that part of body, so i can compare. I will upload pictures of my dog so someone with enough experience can give me advice.
I hope this post is not problem cause it is about gsd and not czw...
hi :-)

having a picture of a csv...or even a gsd will not help you each dog has its own weight for what is right for them....u should be able to feel a dogs ribs and spine but not be able to see them(most pet dogs are overweight imo)
also some dogs do not mature till later on... what are her poo's like? u say she doesnt have worms...how do u know? what have u used?

here is a calculator for guideline amounts for her raw....

http://www.raw4dogs.com/calculate.htm

and yes a pic may be helpful although u need to be able to feel the dog to be more accurate
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 17:07   #3
Sir Allen

Send a message via ICQ to Sir Allen Send a message via Yahoo to Sir Allen Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Allen

Do you know the bloodline of your GSD? I have a couple of CZ GSD and they really look a bit skinny. For me they are more active and agile. I believed they inherited this features from their Pohranicni Straze ancestors.

Kindly check his/her line first.

Last edited by Sir Allen; 16-11-2011 at 17:10.
Sir Allen jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 22:27   #4
konstantin91

I live in Serbia, meat i gave to my dogs is very good quality. Someone has mentioned ribs, i cant see ribs of my dog but stomack is problem. Stomack looks like sucked in, when i feed her stomack looks full and that is ok, but couple hours after feeding stomack looks like sucked in and that is what bothers me... Poo is also good, unfortunately i cant check genetic of my dog...
I used calculator for raw food and i will slightly increase weight to 1.5 kg...
kg i am talking about is only meat, i dont count vegetables in that, ofc i dont use anything that can make problems to digesting or food with sugar in it...

I am satisfied how she looks, legs, spine, head... i only have bad impresion beacuse of stomack, i want to stomack looks full (like it looks after feeding) all the time!!!
konstantin91 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 23:51   #5
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Maybe it's just her natural build to have a high tuck-up.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 08:51   #6
michaelundinaeichhorn

The stomach is simply empty after about 2 hours. When it is empty it is very small. If you give this big amount of food feed her at least twice a day.
It sounds pretty normal to me. If she would have difficulties she very likely also would develop Diarrhia.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 09:17   #7
Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantin91 View Post
I used calculator for raw food and i will slightly increase weight to 1.5 kg...

According to the raw food calculator this gives your dog a weight of 75kg, is that right?

Last edited by Baz; 17-11-2011 at 10:50.
Baz jest offline   Reply With Quote