Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Clubs & law

Clubs & law Information about CzW clubs in other countries, law concerning CzW and Kennel CLub regulations...

Old 02-01-2012, 22:02   #1
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Default New Official Club in Spain

Hello to all , since you can see in the matter, we give concluded the birth of the association " FRIENDS OF THE CZECH WOLF " with the following characteristics:

- a today it is the ONLY ONE club of the race of Czechoslovakian German shepherd that operates on the national level.

- the only club presented and admitted by the Royal Canine Company of Spain

- we possess already the support of the R.S.C.E. for the celebration of contests.

- we possess judge of club for the race presented officially in the Canine one.

This club is born only for and for the race, without lucrative ends, with the maximum transparency and especially for his partners .
pedrocalle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:39   #2
leila
http://www.tobrok.sk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocalle View Post
Czechoslovakian German shepherd
is this only translation or is this the real name of the club?

edit: and why Czech wolf? we are also creators of the breed. It is not czech wolf... Im sad, that the Slovak republic is missing there... no breed as czech wolf doesnt exist...
Old 03-01-2012, 15:35   #3
Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila View Post
edit: and why Czech wolf? we are also creators of the breed. It is not czech wolf... Im sad, that the Slovak republic is missing there... no breed as czech wolf doesnt exist...
To be really accurate it's not about the "Czech Republic" or the "Slovak Republic" individually but "Czechoslovakia" as was, also they're not wolves but dogs, hence the name "Czechoslovakian WolfDOG"
Baz jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 15:58   #4
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

If it was google translator I think Perro Lobo would be translated as something like "dog wolf", perhaps PedroCalled had missunderstood the meaning of Vlcak.

I remind when there was in Portugal a "breeder" who wrote on his webpage that the meaning of Vlcak was "German Shepherd dog" and then the translation of Vlcak to "wolfdog" was wrong as it should be "Czechoslovakian German Shepherd", when I told him that is was wrong he proudly replied that he was perfectly right, as his Czech friend called his GSDs as Vlcak!

About Czech Wolf, call CzW like that is something that really bother me and often happen in Portuguese and Spanish (though also in french), particulary I find it very disrespectful.

But let me tell you that the complete name of the breed -> Cão Lobo Tchecoslovaco / Perro Lobo Checoslovaco - At least in Portuguese is quite weird to speak, even when you tell new people the correct name of the breed, seems their brain turn it shorth automatically, listening the only thing they wish to listen.

Me: "It's a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog, a DOG breed."
Someone: "Mother of God, CzechoWHAT?"
Me: "Cze cho SLO VA KI AN wolfDOG, it's a DOG breed"
someone: "I knew ! I told you it was a WOLF! Then it is a Czech WOLF!!!"
Old 03-01-2012, 16:48   #5
leila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
To be really accurate it's not about the "Czech Republic" or the "Slovak Republic" individually but "Czechoslovakia" as was, also they're not wolves but dogs, hence the name "Czechoslovakian WolfDOG"
i mean - the slovakia is missing there in the word as czechoSLOVAKIAN wolfdog not only slovakia or not only czech. it was czechoslovakia.
Old 03-01-2012, 17:09   #6
Baz

Quote:
i mean - the slovakia is missing there in the word as czechoSLOVAKIAN wolfdog not only slovakia or not only czech. it was czechoslovakia.
It's ok, I knew what you meant , however I have had a look at the Spanish forum http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthr...17419&langid=8 & it seems that nothing has been "lost in translation"
Quote:
Hola a todos/as , como podéis ver en el asunto, damos por concluido el nacimiento de la asociación "AMIGOS DEL LOBO CHECO" con las siguientes caracteristicas:
I don't speak Spanish, but even I can tell you (without google translate!) that "AMIGOS DEL LOBO CHECO" means "Friends of the Czech Wolf" & I agree that it is insulting to our Slovakian friends & I think misleading too. We're all aware of the problems surrounding our breed, firstly through misrepresntation & secondly from those who are attracted solely because of the wolf connection.

May I suggest that a competent Spanish speaker (respectfully) suggests via the Spanish forum a change of name to "Friends of the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog"? Or if it's too difficult in Spanish & or Portuguese, why not adopt the Czech or Slovak word "Vlčák" (Czech) or Vlčiák (Slovak) as has been done in the US i.e. "Czechoslovakian Vlcak"?
Old 03-01-2012, 17:12   #7
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Quote:
is this only translation or is this the real name of the club?

You have reason.

Everything what I write is with a translator of google and often there does not appear what I want. Excuse me.

The name in Spanish is " Amigos del Lobo Checo ". Certainly that we recognize both creators but here in Spain the colloquial way of expressing it is this. Here in Spain a problem exists, from always it has called "perrolobo" (in English "wolfdog ") to another type of animals, and when it appeared this race has generated mistakes.
Old 03-01-2012, 17:19   #8
leila

what i ment is, if you are a official club, you should have a official name of the breed and it is NOT czech, it is czechoslovakian... so you have a mistake in the name of the breed. if you read the standard, the name is czechoslovakian, not czech... the LOBO in the name is not right at all. because it is not a wolf, so it is better to call it perrolobo than lobo.

please, do not take it as attack on you, but i just want to tell you the correct name of the breed should be czechoslovakian, as the standard says and the country of orgin is Czechoslovakia.
Old 03-01-2012, 17:23   #9
pedrocalle
Lobos de la Fuensanta

Baz

already I have written on this I would like to clarify, once again, that I do not want to generate mistakes. We all are very respectful with the race and his creators. Still we are very small that we know this one dog in our country. There exists a mistake in which I am not similar either but it is not in my hand to solve it. The FCI translated the race to the English and the canine Latin companies did the translation to the Mexican one and of there the name comes. I believe that it is important that in our country this race is identified well and does not get confused with what is in the habit of being thought often.
Old 03-01-2012, 17:30   #10
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

In portuguese Vlcak could be perfectly substituted to Lobeiro or Lupoide, which means Wolf-like, but is even hard to change the shameful gramatical mistakes they did that I think it will be a complete waste of time to even try to argue about change the name, by FCI it's "wolfdog", which literaly is translate to "Cão Lobo".
Old 03-01-2012, 18:09   #11
Baz

Quote:
Baz

already I have written on this I would like to clarify, once again, that I do not want to generate mistakes. We all are very respectful with the race and his creators. Still we are very small that we know this one dog in our country. There exists a mistake in which I am not similar either but it is not in my hand to solve it. The FCI translated the race to the English and the canine Latin companies did the translation to the Mexican one and of there the name comes. I believe that it is important that in our country this race is identified well and does not get confused with what is in the habit of being thought often.
Hi Pedro ,
I think that most people on this forum are trying to do the right thing by this breed & I also want to say that it's great that you have an official club going. Perhaps as the official club you will have more authority to push for an official name change, I appreciate the difficulties you have with the name "wolfdog", in the U.S. they have many wolf-dog hybrids & that is one of the reasons why they chose the name "vlcak" instead of wolfdog so there would be no confusion. Whether it's possible for a name change, I don't know.

I must however agree with Leila, that to leave out "Slovakian" from "Czechoslovakian" is insulting for 2 reasons, firstly it undermines the nationality of a proud independent country & people & secondly it ignores the very important contribution that many Slovaks had towards our breed. Here is not the place for a history lesson, everyone knows the history of our breed, (if not then start googling ). Also let us not forget that Slovakia is the patron nation of the breed & deserves our respect "officially" even if it is not used colloquially. I say this with a certain sense of irony as I often have to correct (English speaking) people that I live in the Czech Republic & not Czechoslovakia!

Having said all that I wish you good luck & success with the club!
Old 26-05-2013, 13:23   #12
Richard Graham

Hi I have 2 czech wolfdogs thinking of moving to Spain from England could you please tell me if its ok to own a czech wolfdog in spain, I would like to take them by road from England, do you only need a pet passport ,Regards Richard

-
Richard Graham jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 13:41   #13
alberto_cepedano

Send a message via MSN to alberto_cepedano

Not only the problem of the club is the name.
is another major problem that its president Mr. pedro street with dogs makes indiscriminate litters without evidence of dysplasia and is an example of a bad person for the race.
Only care about money and therefore has invented a club without official recognition.
He does not have the friendship of other Spanish breeders are trying to do things right.
Sorry for my English translator.
Old 27-05-2013, 13:43   #14
alberto_cepedano

Richard, not a problem to have is Spain Czechoslovakian wolf dog, can transport it by road with your passport and veterinary primer.
Where do you live?
Old 28-05-2013, 11:41   #15
Richard Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto_cepedano View Post
Richard, not a problem to have is Spain Czechoslovakian wolf dog, can transport it by road with your passport and veterinary primer.
Where do you live?
Hi thank you for your reply, I will be traveling from UK,first by ferry, the through France to Spain, was not sure on Spanish Laws
Richard Graham jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 16:40   #16
alberto_cepedano

You,re wellcome