Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Clubs & law > Czechoslovakian Vlcak Club of UK

Old 08-02-2004, 19:59   #1
Conor

Default CzW club UK needs your experience and advice

Hello everyone.

I have been asked to take on the role of Chairman of the UK CzW club as and when we can get things off the ground. We will be having a web presence, and I am wanting to start pulling in information as soon as possible in advance of getting started. I am an experienced dog owner, but I have to admit that I am new to the CzW (I took one of Lynx's pups), and I am in need of your help and years of experience so that I can be sure of representing the breed appropriately on our web site. I need information and guidance of all kinds, as I am working from the ground up, and I want to be certain that any prospective owners know what wolfdogs are all about before they decide to pursue the dream of owning their own. In addition, I have a lot to learn myself, and I feel that as others will be referring to me in the future for advice, that it would be sensible for me to try and learn all I can now.

You are significantly more experienced than I am, and I have the greatest respect for the knowledge and understanding you have, but which I lack at the moment. I am hoping the UK site will be able to provide detailed information on temperament, behaviour, standard, special care needs, etc. It is my intention to try and give as clear and objective a picture as possible in the first instance to any one in the UK considering ownership of a CzW through the information on the site. I hope that as the first point of call our site will enable visitors to decided whether they have the time, the dedication, and the qualities at accept ownership of a CzW.

I will make an effort to acknowledge anyone who contributes any information, and I expect that breeders, owners, and fans of the CzW in Europe will benefit from the UK club site. Please feel free to respond either on the forum, or by PM.

Thanks

Conor
Conor jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 18:25   #2
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

What type of help do you need?
If you need information about this breed you will find it on wolfdog: maybe not on the English version because there is noone who want to translate the articles but the are a lot of them on Polish and also on Czech version. If you have someone who speaks Slovakian you can also visit this version: you will find there excelent articles written by one of the 'fathers' of this breed: Frantisek Rosik. We had also some articles written by Karel Hartl before but because some people from Czech Republic envy us such popularity he forced Hartl to withdraw his permission and we had to remove them. So don't except help from them because the are not interested with cooperating with anyone...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:12   #3
Conor

Thanks for the advice Margo. I may just know someone who can translate the information for me. What there is in English on this site is helpful, but I want to present any prospective owners in the UK with more in depth information, so that they can get a better picture as to whether or not pursuing the idea of owning a CzW, or other wolfdog is right for them. So, the information I want relates to raising and caring for a wolfdog from a puppy through to adulthood... the good, the bad, and the indifferent. I don't want to present people with the idea that wolfdogs are all sweetness and light. If that occurs here in the UK, I suspect that lots of people will obtain a puppy only to realize that this is a breed that requires dedication and lots of work only when it is too late. The result will be lots of unwanted, badly adjusted dogs - a danger to the reputation of CzW, and Sarloos, possibly a danger to the public, and the kind of story the UK press would love to get a hold of. We would all suffer, and I can see the CzW ending up a banned breed. Paranoia, maybe? But I'd rather try and get started with too much information and concern, than find that we have to try and patch things up IF it starts to go wrong as a result of lack of preparation.

I appreciate your reply, and it's reassuring to know that someone has some interest in seeing the breed established sensibly in the UK. I have never done anything like this before, and to be honest my only concern is for the dogs; to make sure that they go to people who understand what pleasures and pains owning a wolfdog can bring, and who can accept the demands placed on them responsibly. I have no interest in the politics that takes place between breeders from different countries, and I fail to see how anyone with any sense at all could do anything that would be to the detriment of even a single dog. It's a real pity that people haven't got the brains to show a bit of unity on something that is ultimately so simple and that would reflect positively on every breeder/owner, and which would benefit everyone.

Conor
Old 13-02-2004, 14:03   #4
rocco
REJPAL

Hi, I must said something to this.
Official Club web pages (Czech CSW Club) is only in czech language, but you can find there everything you need. We prepare english version, but it's not easy for some technical reason. Information from Margo about Mr. Hartl is realy stupid, but it's Margo's problem and I don't want to disscuss abou it again.
Eva
rocco jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2004, 18:55   #5
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco
Information from Margo about Mr. Hartl is realy stupid, but it's Margo's problem and I don't want to disscuss abou it again.
Thanks for such nice words.... Maybe you should better explain it to other people which visit this forum. Maybe you should tell them you are one of the persons which caused that we had to remove this articles....

Quote:
Official Club web pages (Czech CSW Club) is only in czech language, but you can find there everything you need.
Please don't exaggerate. Paul and Conor will find there only very small part of the information which they can find on Wolfdog.org. What can be interesting for them are the articles written by Karel Hartl. But, as you wrote, all this articles are in Czech so so far they are useless for most people....

Quote:
We prepare english version, but it's not easy for some technical reason.
Oh, yes. We divided you pages in 2001. From the beginning I heard there will be a English version of cswolfdog. And we are still waiting for it. In vain....

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2004, 13:56   #6
Mosi

Send a message via AIM to Mosi Send a message via MSN to Mosi

Itll be really great when theres a uk club Cant wait to see it all up and running Conor! I cant help though, im a newbie and my lack of info kinda shows :P But at least you owning a dog gives you an advantage now
-mosi

come see my art --->
www.afiach.deviantart.com
Mosi jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2004, 20:45   #7
Pavel

Send a message via Skype™ to Pavel

Quote:
We prepare english version, but it's not easy for some technical reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo
Oh, yes. We divided you pages in 2001. From the beginning I heard there will be a English version of cswolfdog. And we are still waiting for it. In vain....
We dont hear only about the english version. Just 20.4.2002 have had a comitte of CZ Club decidet to create the english version with basic informations. Responsible persons dont make anything yet. Only on every club meeting we hear, thet everything is just in progress .
But stay cool Margo, Eva will always attacking us. But main thing is the daily work for our dogs. And everybody can compare, whats makes Eva and whats make you.

Pavel
Pavel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2004, 23:40   #8
Conor

Hi everybody, and thanks for your replies. What I need is accurate information about the CzW, it's temperament, the do's and don'ts, the diffucluties and the pleasures. I am not an experienced owner, so I have a lot to learn myself, and thus I am happy to accept any infomation and observations from any experienced owners/breeders. I trust and respect the knowledge and opinions of others who visit this site, and love the breed. In the last few weeks since I got my dog, my understanding of dogs has changed radically, but my relative inexperience make me wary of trying to sound authoratitive.

thanks Conor
Old 21-02-2004, 19:19   #9
freewild

Send a message via MSN to freewild Send a message via Skype™ to freewild
Default cooooooooooooooooooooool

hello i'm french ( so excuse me for my english))

in the french forum; we have compare other web it's interresting
but it must be in correctely word ; all is compare (dog with dog ; experience with . . . etc...) you must to speak together because you favorite race is the same C S V to prouve so you v'got any inteligent you insert the web of the other web for the the C S V and i'm shure you can find many idear about the other
and effectively any traduction is not easy but more imformation is so importante to explane and to understanding realy the C S V

many people speak english but C Z it's not easy

thank you at all the people to give any information

bye .

fabrice
freewild jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2004, 22:13   #10
mijke

Hi Eva,

Quote:
Official Club web pages (Czech CSW Club) is only in czech language, but you can find there everything you need.
Also in Holland people are interested in this site, but we can't read czech So we all only can get information on wolfdog site

Quote:
Information from Margo about Mr. Hartl is realy stupid, but it's Margo's problem...
I think it is a bit fulish only to say these things without giving us the correct information!!
What is interesting for all CsW owners in several country's are the articles written by Karel Hartl. Why is there not any translation?? Because of what reason? Is it secret information only for czech people?

I am a owner of 2 CsW's and I should like to read and learn a lot more about this breed. But when these articles are in Czech I can't read them!

So please, share your information with CsW owners in other country's..

Thanks in advange!

Greetings,
mijke

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote