Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > Česky > Chov

Chov Informace o chovu, výběru, odchovech....

Old 29-01-2011, 17:04   #1
admin

Default DNA tests

As you for sure know there are several litters which are suspicious - the dogs do not resemble Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs and there is the possibility that one of parents can be American Wolf or American Wolfdog (so the dogs are not Czechoslovakian Wolfdog but Saarlooswolfhonds). There is also one more litter where the mother put in the papers is not the really mother of the puppies (the real mother is an European Wolf).

Owner of the dogs want to be sure that the "Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs" which they bought are pure Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs or not. Parentage can not be tested as the breeders made the "standard" one which can be so easily cheated. And they do not want to cooperate (one more prove that there is something really wrong).

My question is: I heard there there were several project testing DNA of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs made by the Czech Club. Is there someone - a possibility - to test also these dogs? Or do you know the way it can be done?

I know it is not your problem but the dogs are spreading under the population and there are more and more dogs which do not have the typical characteristics of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs and totally different (Husky alike) character. They seem to be another breed and many people would like to know if they really are not CzWs.
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 17:08   #2
admin

Another suggestion: is there a possibility that the breed club(s) will prepare project and get in contact with scientists which are able to test such cases. Projects which will give the possibility to test suspicious dogs if they are "purebred" Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs or not?
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 19:02   #3
elf

Technically, you can have DNA tests checking for wolves distinct haplotypes, and even more specific tests but... money.
elf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 12:14   #4
CDaniela
http://www.srdcervac.wbs.

Admin
Write me please - [email protected]. I need more details.

CDaniela jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 13:31   #5
CDaniela
http://www.srdcervac.wbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniela View Post
Admin
Write me please - [email protected]. I need more details.
[email protected] ... this is correct

CDaniela jest offline   Reply With Quote