Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Living with a CzW....

Living with a CzW.... Stories as forewarnings for future owners.... everything about the character of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs

Old 22-09-2011, 18:00   #1
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs
Talking who swapped my dog?

my boy is nearly 3,but he has his 'days',on these days you would think someone had swapped him...does anyone elses dog behave like that?

the day before yesterday was one of those days,no reason to think Tupac had the 'wind up his tail', normal lazy wakeup,followed by wanting his belly full then off with Flea(his idol)for a nice head clearing walk,half hour to walk there,walking perfect as usual to heel,we get to the pond and we play a game of 'flick the kibble' then he notices his most favourite type of dog to play with,so he goes to say hello,as he does he notices the owner has a large loaf of bread,so, of course he wants it..the owner weary of the 'wolf' says 'im not arguing with you,have it' (grrrrr) so off he runs with it,prancing about and displaying his prize normally i have no problem with him giving anything up to me,but this was his!! i eventually got it,but a cheeky crow had found some of it,Tupac was outraged!!cue him hunting that bird down full pelt..whilst everyone thinking its hilarious(at least he made people laugh) then we moved on,right, mad 5 minutes over i thought,then out of nowhere appears a gypsy vanner horse and cart!!(this does not happen!)Tupac is normally fine with horses but after loosing his bread he obviously wanted something!all i can say is im glad i got him back!(it was more the look in his eyes )...... he finished the walk determined to get something...and managed to find a pigeon in the woods to eat, flea and i pretended we didnt know him whilst fellow dogwalkers looked on in disgust
...3rd time lucky i guess

woke up yesterday and the 'beast' had been swapped and my boy was back
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 18:37   #2
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Talking

I can not answer you question as my dogs are always bad

Best regards / M
Old 22-09-2011, 19:28   #3
pixie

Haha but you should not let your dog bully people into giving up there food lol
pixie jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 20:14   #4
Tazer

Lmao, there's no way he'd have gotten that bread off me though.

Taz
Tazer jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 20:59   #5
Rona
Distinguished Member

One never knows if they'll show their demo version or the other side That's why living with them is so... exciting, isn't it?

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 23:19   #6
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacs2legs View Post
woke up yesterday and the 'beast' had been swapped and my boy was back
careful saying that too loud! he might 'hear' you and decide to make a fool of you....
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 07:03   #7
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
careful saying that too loud! he might 'hear' you and decide to make a fool of you....
What wise words... I can see Ghost has already helped you grasp the major principle of CSV owners

Re birds: There are masses of pigeons in my city. When Paula came to stay with us she offerred to teach Lorka (9 months old at that time) to ignore birds... She took her a few times to a square full of pigeons and since then my dog started walking nicely by them. Only later we realized Lorka had learnt to ignore... pigeons only (haha)! Of course thanks to Nebulosa's efforts it was later much easier to extend the principle to other kinds of birds (well, we're still working on chicken and eagles ) But this shows the incredibly smart 'reasoning' of vlcaks.

Last edited by Rona; 23-09-2011 at 07:23. Reason: RE
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 07:50   #8
Shadowlands

I try to tell people who meet Shadow outside that CsV's have two sides to their character - playful, loving, loyal, naughty, destructive and (sometimes a wee bit devious) at home; playful, loving and loyal in public Although, just like Tupac, this halo sometimes slips

I have been noticing on various threads that we never seem to get angry with our CsV's for their less appealling behaviours, instead we form a reasoning as to why they did it and use good words to describe what they have done - one example I can think of was the 'remodeling' of a car's interior

Our breed truly imprints on us the love and loyalty they show and we love them all the more for that

Great thread - and important information for yet-to-be owners of these amazing animals
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 08:04   #9
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post

Best regards / M
Totally. And if Brukne is too good I start to worry she is planning or hiding something.

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 08:15   #10
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands View Post
I have been noticing on various threads that we never seem to get angry with our CsV's for their less appealling behaviours, instead we form a reasoning as to why they did it and use good words to describe what they have done - one example I can think of was the 'remodeling' of a car's interior )
It is not 'reasoning'! He made both sides symmetrically constructed chaos.. Isn't that the art du jour?... it was tasteful and purposeful...
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 09:00   #11
Shadowlands

Quote:

I have been noticing on various threads that we never seem to get angry with our CsV's for their less appealling behaviours, instead we form a reasoning as to why they did it and use good words to describe what they have done - one example I can think of was the 'remodeling' of a car's interior

I meant to say 'positive' here
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 11:20   #12
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post

Best regards / M
lol!!! i guess if we talking my huskies i would agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
Haha but you should not let your dog bully people into giving up there food lol
ahh,thats the point though,he didnt! he was just 'oh wot do u have there' and she gave it to him!!.....i wished she hadnt!(and it was to feed the birds with)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Lmao, there's no way he'd have gotten that bread off me though.

Taz
good!! and i wished it had been you for that reason lol.....was funny though seeing a silly wolfdog with a massive loaf of uncut bread in his gob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
One never knows if they'll show their demo version or the other side That's why living with them is so... exciting, isn't it?
lol im not sure my nerves can take it
Quote:
oh so right...i put ear plugs in and took his reading glasses away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
What wise words... I can see Ghost has already helped you grasp the major principle of CSV owners

Re birds: There are masses of pigeons in my city. When Paula came to stay with us she offerred to teach Lorka (9 months old at that time) to ignore birds... She took her a few times to a square full of pigeons and since then my dog started walking nicely by them. Only later we realized Lorka had learnt to ignore... pigeons only (haha)! Of course thanks to Nebulosa's efforts it was later much easier to extend the principle to other kinds of birds (well, we're still working on chicken and eagles ) But this shows the incredibly smart 'reasoning' of vlcaks.
Tupac happily swims with geese,ducks,coots etc...he has always had a 'thing' about pigeons though but the clever boy has realised the easy way to get a meal is to ambush large groups of crows as they are normally trying to eat a poor pigeon alive i call it a mission of mercy!
Quote:
I try to tell people who meet Shadow outside that CsV's have two sides to their character - playful, loving, loyal, naughty, destructive and (sometimes a wee bit devious) at home; playful, loving and loyal in public Although, just like Tupac, this halo sometimes slips

Our breed truly imprints on us the love and loyalty they show and we love them all the more for that

Great thread - and important information for yet-to-be owners of these amazing animals
i get what you mean but in Tupacs defence (this time) it was to him a game,he had been given the bread and all the silly humans were laughing at his 'performance' ....(unlike the kite incident )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
Totally. And if Brukne is too good I start to worry she is planning or hiding something.
lol... there is that i guess...eeek!!
Quote:
It is not 'reasoning'! He made both sides symmetrically constructed chaos.. Isn't that the art du jour?... it was tasteful and purposeful...
lol!!!!!!! true true!
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote