Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Living with a CzW....

Living with a CzW.... Stories as forewarnings for future owners.... everything about the character of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs

Old 06-05-2010, 03:57   #1
Gypsy Wolf

Default Welcoming a new Vlcak into the United States!

So my girlfriend and I are waiting with baited breath for her new pup to arrive. He will be landing here about 7:30 pm tomorrow.
I can't wait to see him and I can't wait to see what he teaches my girlfriend!
Vlcaks are quite a bit different than any other breed I have worked with, and I am sure he will surprise her. She is looking forward to doing performance and conformation - she wants to get out there with a cool, kick-butt vlcak.
They are such a striking breed, I am sure more than a few heads will turn...
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 15:57   #2
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Great! And what is the name of the little one? Any photos?

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:15   #3
Gypsy Wolf

Don't know what she is going to call him... at this time we are both very upset with the shipping company and Delta. He was pulled from his flight and is staying ANOTHER night in a kennel in NY. Now even *I* am worried about the trauma! THREE DAYS in transit! And they would've done another stupid move had I not called and ripped on them to get the first flight available, rather than the same late-day flight as he was scheduled on for today... a flight that was delayed, and even if it hadn't been, there were no customs officers available anyway!
GRRRRRR!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:27   #4
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

That's unfortunate. But a good reminder that under optimal circumstances people should go to pick up the puppy in person, scope out the kennel, and meet the parents & breeders. I'm frankly surprised that the breeders were OK with sending a puppy unaccompanied on a non-direct flight, or that it couldn't be arranged to meet the puppy at an alternative airport if no such flight existed, really. Though, I'm assuming you already know this, if I also assume correctly you've imported dogs before since you mentioned your affinity for training European bred dogs.

Hopefully it won't be too bad. Poor pup.. at least, though, your friend will have a few days of quiet.. pup's probably going to be understandably tired for a few days. Just a few more hours!
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:18   #5
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

I see it the same way. I myself went to Canada from germany 3 years ago and picked up my wolfdog there personally! The flights are cheap from the US to germany, czech or where ever in europe.

From which kennel is the pup?

All the best for the pup and the new owner, hope she will not loose her nervers to early. Sometimes it seems so that she is not good prepared for a csw....

Christian
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29   #6
jasmine

After several phonecall I got the news: little Puck is ok, he is in Vetport JFK.
Delta made big fault, they didn't make pre-custom yesterday,and they realized custom problems just before they would put the pup to the flight.
He must be arrive to FL today.
What is incredible: nobody was informed what is the problem !!!! I made phonecalls more that two hours to make clear what happened!
Even the cargo company I used were not informed, Delta put sign to theire system that there were problem with the pup that's why bought him back from the flight yesterday, but the vet in Vetport told me the pup is ok, and they did let him to fly yesterday but Delta bought him back to the animal transit because of custom promblems! INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!

Edit
jasmine jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 18:02   #7
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine View Post
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!Edit
No, not at all... It’s the USA what did you expect, that it would work just fine it’s irresponsible to send puppy as cargo on a non direct flight !!!

If something goes wrong, there is noting you can do !!!

way did not the new owner pick the puppy up at NYC airport !!! ???

I went to USA this year and I can tell you that NO domestic flight did go on time there was + 4 h one time and + 1 h another time and I had to pay 150 Euro extra to even get the bag one the plane, from Dulles to NYC

To not talk about the costume and home land security

Best regards / Mikael
Old 07-05-2010, 20:20   #8
hanninadina

From which litter did she gets the puppy, Edit?
Old 07-05-2010, 20:23   #9
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina View Post
From which litter did she gets the puppy, Edit?
"Puck" Crying Wolf is out of

Juri Zlata Palz (sire) and Crying Wolf Yolka.

http://www.wolfdog.org/dbase/d/7930

http://www.cryingwolf.hu/?command=main

Opps, just realized you were talking to "Edit".. I didn't realize that was the breeder's name.. I thought it was 'edit' post leftover..

Last edited by yukidomari; 07-05-2010 at 20:26.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 20:32   #10
hanninadina

thanks to philli
Old 07-05-2010, 23:52   #11
Gypsy Wolf

I have been shipping and importing dogs from Europe for the last 15 years and this is the first time I have had such a HUGE problem. Delta has 3 different excuses from 3 different places - I have called cargo in JFK and in Fort Lauderdale as well as thie "main" number to talk to a supervisor in their hub office.
I was told completely false info like "no one is there in cargo/customs - they went home early" - Seriously? They are there 24/7! They should not have pulled him from his connecting flight from JFK to FLL, but they did, kept him overnight. I was able to reschedule an early flight the next day (why he was not on an early flight to begin with is beyond me) but then the kennel didn't get him to the airport in time. So they rescheduled the original late flight and worse - THEY NEVER CONTACTED US. The only phone call we got was from JFK cargo HOURS after he should have been in the air to tell us they pulled him - for apparently no good reason.
Then they told us WE had to clear him through customs ourselves (Delta was supposed to do that) and never informed us of the "import fee" (which is usually included in the shipping when you use a service, which we did.
So the whole afternoon was spent clearing the papers and the pup is still on the plane - he will be landing around 7:30 pm...
So I feel awful for the pup. THREE DAYS in transit is UNACCEPTABLE. Delta will certainly be hearing from us. I wasn't worried about his "trauma" from the experience previously, but THREE DAYS? He probably has diarhhea from stress and food/water changes, I hope he bounces back quickly - I will keep you all posted.
Just be CAREFUL using Delta and you really have to be on top of them with connections, etc.
We are really excited to meet him, though - will let you know...
Old 08-05-2010, 02:48   #12
Gypsy Wolf

HE IS HERE! So after all the problems with Delta, he finally landed and we picked him up. He was quiet in his crate (which smelled like a toilet), but came to the front to see us, and we opened the door and he came out calm and curious. Blessedly, he was not shell-shocked, no nervousness or fear. My girlfriend immediately scooped him up to take him outside to pee. He had no issues being held by a "stranger" and immediately took to the leach and collar she put on him to walk him. He wa calm for about a minute. As soon as we started walking across the parking lot (there were several low-flying planes so loud they frightened me, but he pad no attention at all) he started bouncing around, grabbing the leash in his mouth, then going after our legs, pants and butts - taking full-mouthed grips and even giving a few kill-shakes to my girlfriend's pants! He is a LOT of puppy! Big, too - she was totally surprised (as was I) this boy has been in transit THREE DAYS and he comes out bouncing and biting! She has more than she bargained for... in fact she said "I always thought Malinois were German Shepherds on crack - now I think Vlcaks are MALINOIS on crack!" Even high-sport Mal puppies would not have behaved like this pup!
So she is relieved he is not "ruined" and that he is such a handful. He will test her and we predict some shredded clothes...
He is also a big boy for 9 weeks - he will be a big adult I think. His white wolf mask is appearing and his head is lovely. Everything seems to be well put together... he doesn't even mind being held like a baby...
Will keep y'all updated on FL Vlcak #2!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:35   #13
hanninadina

Sounds like he is in true crying wolf csw! It seems that he got all from his mother line. My female csw Myla Crying Wolf is the grand aunt from Pucky. Flash, the grandma is half sister to her. And the mother from Flashi and Myla was crazy Mona. Very nice to people.But she was a real working dog. IPO I, 100 km, foto shooting for marketing, hyperactiv and a happy one.

Grand pa Izzy was a hard one too. But all real characters!

Yolka I do not know. But for you good choice. Nothing easy, but you will grow on your task. Edits pups have often not always kind of wolfy behaviour...

Keep the fingers cross that your friend won´t loose her nerves.

Christian
Old 08-05-2010, 13:59   #14
lupis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
So my girlfriend and I are waiting with baited breath for her new pup to arrive. He will be landing here about 7:30 pm tomorrow.
I read you look for dog for work. And now I see you import Crying Wolf. It is joke? I also interested in work with CLC and after many years contact with different dogs is say i see no less working dog like this kennel. All people say Crying wolfs arew like real wolves. Shy like wolves with no genetic pool for work.
I see you really have no experience what is dog for work. Better read more forum and themes about character.
lupis jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 14:01   #15
lupis

Quote:
Very nice to people.But she was a real working dog. IPO I, 100 km, foto shooting for marketing, hyperactiv and a happy one.
Stop this nonsense! All wolfdog has at minimum one working dog in pedigree. One dog in very old generation not make wolfdog to call WORKING LINE.
Old 08-05-2010, 14:21   #16
hanninadina

Lupis, I remember you are the one making trouble here. I do not know if you have a csw? Did you know Mona? I do not think so, I remember you are one of these person who are talking "clever" because they did hear something from other people who know nothing, it is called "gossip" what you(!) are talking about.

And I did not write anything about working line but I wrote that Mona did IPO I and so on. And I know that my Myla could easyly do IPO but I am personally not a friend of this.

Shy dogs? Of course not in this line. Intelligent dogs, more than ohter csw? Yes of course!

And Grandma from fahters side - Falin - is one of the best mantrailer in germany. She was in tv with fascinating work!

Izzy, father of Yolka, is a strong character too. He is not a bone shy! Did you know him? I think no. I know him and his owner Sonja, the best speciality jduge of the breed personally. He is so strong in character that even Sonja needed some time to get him in good control. Nothing about shy genes!

And Carr Maly Bysterec is one of these nice csw too, even not a shy bone.

So please stop talking bullshit!

Christian
Old 08-05-2010, 14:36   #17
lupis

Quote:
Lupis, I remember you are the one making trouble here. I do not know if you have a csw? Did you know Mona? I do not think so, I remember you are one of these person who are talking "clever" because they did hear something from other people who know nothing, it is called "gossip" what you(!) are talking about.

And I did not write anything about working line but I wrote that Mona did IPO I and so on. And I know that my Myla could easyly do IPO but I am personally not a friend of this.

Shy dogs? Of course not in this line. Intelligent dogs, more than ohter csw? Yes of course!

And Grandma from fahters side - Falin - is one of the best mantrailer in germany. She was in tv with fascinating work!

Izzy, father of Yolka, is a strong character too. He is not a bone shy! Did you know him? I think no. I know him and his owner Sonja, the best speciality jduge of the breed personally. He is so strong in character that even Sonja needed some time to get him in good control. Nothing about shy genes!

And Carr Maly Bysterec is one of these nice csw too, even not a shy bone.

So please stop talking bullshit!

Christian
I see many Crying wolf in Italy. Like only one with normal character. All other are very much shy. I hear Yam is also shy. I read english forum and other say same: Crying wolf is sometimes nice but never you can write is working line. You make me laught,
Mona in in old generations - you not talk bullshit but read about genetic.
You have exams? Basic minimum. What exam has father and mother of puppy. Grandparents? not one.
You cheat if you say working line is line with bad character and no exams.

I read you post and i see you have wolfdog but no idea about work with CLC and character. But you say working line about dogs of your frends. Also about not working dogs with bad character,

if i am wrong - write here ONE dogs from 2 generations from this line with one exam.... you not find because nobody buy a Crying wolf for work. Nobody is stupid.

N do not make trouble in forum. But i angry to read such lies.

Last edited by lupis; 08-05-2010 at 14:38.
Old 08-05-2010, 14:40   #18
lupis

I right - I check again database and find mother. Everybody can see bonitation:
http://www.wolfdog.org/php/modules.php?op=modload&name=WolfdogDB&newlang=eng& file=bonitation&wid=7930
She is shy like her brother.

Maybe you like shy dogs for work and showing in TV. But for real work you need normal character.
Old 08-05-2010, 17:37   #19
hanninadina

Lupi did you ever saw a bonitation? I am sorry, you even did not write which csw do you have in "about me". But you write that you are a beginner. And please if you have many years experience and if you have been in all countries for summercamps, shows and bonitations, than you can are invitedt to write like you have knowledge. But you even do not know the dogs you are writing about.

I know nothing about your knowledge about dogs or wolfdogs. I know only that you are reading, writing and talking a lot about things you are a beginner in! So keep a bit shy, it would be better.

I have 4 wolfdogs. I invite you to have a look on my homepage.

Christian

PS: Dogs must not pass exams so that you can see if they are able to work!
Old 08-05-2010, 18:11   #20
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Dogs must not pass exams so that you can see if they are able to work!
Must not???? You mean they're not allowed to? By whom?!

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote