Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Clubs & law

Clubs & law Information about CzW clubs in other countries, law concerning CzW and Kennel CLub regulations...

Old 03-08-2009, 20:46   #1
Tuky

Send a message via MSN to Tuky Send a message via Skype™ to Tuky
Default Artificial insemination only solution for the breed in spain?

Hello

Seeing a little the evolution of the race in Spain I have seen a high increase in the number of copies (from my slightly worrying point of view), right now all young people and of similar age … and especially much brothers … without genetic changeability … I do not comment on the genetics in if of the Spanish CWs, but there is not greatly where to choose since brothers are the majority.

With this thought some Spanish breeders strain (now and in a future) in bringing new blood by means of litters, to leave genetic changeability in Spain. On having been so isolated from the center of Europe, our best option is the Artificial Insemination (AI) … used enough in other races and countries, but being a problem in this breed.

Why is the acceptance of the AI so difficult in this breed? Being this a method that can help to the increase of the genetic changeability and to the evolution of the breed

regards
Old 04-08-2009, 00:23   #2
carlos2207

I am agree, the situation in Spain is very dangerous for the breed. Because is Spain not have many wolfdogs, the breders repeat the same litter many time. And some breders that want to do litters with new blood, quality blood, have the problems of higt cost of fly and many club forbide the artificial insemination. Is this, the artificial insemination the only way for the countries that is to long of the center of Europe
carlos2207 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:53   #3
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

I don´t know how much females is in Spain. But: is it possible to make a list of females? And somebody can look what blood are the females and you and all breeders can lend some ideal male for all spain females. Maybe every year one male for all females? (If you want save money?) shipping of one male is not so expensive, if all breeders which will want use him can pay it together.......
Bad idea?
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 23:38   #4
jmvdwiel

Maybe some male dogs wil be in spain for a holiday , or you can come to the male with the female and have a good holiday also

You can also use fresh sperm that is sent by a courier, althought you cannot keep the sperm in a good condition for a long period

In this case I would say.. go for it and use AI , better than inbreeding to much
jmvdwiel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 13:40   #5
Tuky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvdwiel View Post
Maybe some male dogs wil be in spain for a holiday , or you can come to the male with the female and have a good holiday also

You can also use fresh sperm that is sent by a courier, althought you cannot keep the sperm in a good condition for a long period

In this case I would say.. go for it and use AI , better than inbreeding to much
I talked about to that, IA with cooled semen… not congealed, diminishes a little the espermatica quality but even so she is very productive sallying of good I number. (here in Spain did one in that puppies left 6 being female beginner), if the veterinarians are communicated and the owners of the reproducers… at the moment that the female is in its point, would be to call to the owner of the male so that they did the extraction to him and on the following day already would be the inseminada female
Old 05-08-2009, 14:21   #6
carlos2207

Sorry Solowolf, I went to Lituania for Ituborys Girios Dvasia, and to Germany for Emba von der wolfranch and the past month I went to Czech Republic for to do one mate. Do you think that you can say me that the problem is that we don´t want to travel?

I see that you went to Holland and France for mate with your dogs. Next to UK.

I think that the problem is that the breeders should be serious and responsible. The breders should use the very good hd lines and, to use the most wolfish wolfdogs and with good character. This is my idea for breeding.

How many wolfdogs are with this characteristics? very very few. And too long from Spain. The fly to travel is necessary. This is very expensive because you need to buy the fly the last minute and this is very expensive. The AI is the unique option for the serious and responsible Bredeers of Spain.

If you want to breeding only for breeding, without the best wolfdogs, is very easy and not expensive. If you want that improve the breed the AI is necesary.

Last edited by carlos2207; 05-08-2009 at 16:27.
carlos2207 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 13:19   #7
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuky View Post
Hello

Seeing a little the evolution of the race in Spain I have seen a high increase in the number of copies (from my slightly worrying point of view), right now all young people and of similar age … and especially much brothers … without genetic changeability … I do not comment on the genetics in if of the Spanish CWs, but there is not greatly where to choose since brothers are the majority.

With this thought some Spanish breeders strain (now and in a future) in bringing new blood by means of litters, to leave genetic changeability in Spain. On having been so isolated from the center of Europe, our best option is the Artificial Insemination (AI) … used enough in other races and countries, but being a problem in this breed.

Why is the acceptance of the AI so difficult in this breed? Being this a method that can help to the increase of the genetic changeability and to the evolution of the breed

regards
hi, you live in Spain so what is the problem? you can travel to any European country without any bother? I live in uk and travel to Europe to get bitchs mated, and from where you are based you dont require lots of crap we have to do just to leave and re-enter the uk, Breeders that i use can let me stay till my bitch is mated, even if i had to sleep in the car so what, there are good people all over Europe who will go out of there way to help you, but you must make some effort yourself, Spain is a long way from places in Europe, i lived in Spain for two years and i drove to uk to pick up one of my wolfdogs from La Hoya to Calais takes 22 hrs with 2 drivers, mant European breeders travel many hours to get there dogs mated,I dont see the problem being you can not get suitable dogs or bitchs, or that you can not get breeders from Europe to help, sounds like you dont want to travel///////////, Pacino
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 13:57   #8
Tuky

Quote:
Originally Posted by solowolf View Post
hi, you live in Spain so what is the problem? you can travel to any European country without any bother? I live in uk and travel to Europe to get bitchs mated, and from where you are based you dont require lots of crap we have to do just to leave and re-enter the uk, Breeders that i use can let me stay till my bitch is mated, even if i had to sleep in the car so what, there are good people all over Europe who will go out of there way to help you, but you must make some effort yourself, Spain is a long way from places in Europe, i lived in Spain for two years and i drove to uk to pick up one of my wolfdogs from La Hoya to Calais takes 22 hrs with 2 drivers, mant European breeders travel many hours to get there dogs mated,I dont see the problem being you can not get suitable dogs or bitchs, or that you can not get breeders from Europe to help, sounds like you dont want to travel///////////, Pacino
The problem that espongo is not mine only, is what I see in Spain, right now I do not have intention nearby to which my bitch has a litter, since for me it is technically impossible both for time (more or less it coincides his ideal moment with my examinations of the university) and for money (it is not cheap to go out of Spain to do an amount ... in car you lose time and plane there are many problems (the majority of the air companies so big dogs do not accept animals and any either).

I speak on behalf of some that want to breed with head and not to cross with any CWs or always to repeat the same litter (being this the easiest thing since they already have a male) ... I do not know the bitches of the rest of europa ... but those who I know have varied jealousy ... they can be with a hormonal concentration one week and overnight to be prepared for the insemination ... also it is necessary to excuse the Spanish veterinarians since in this race they use dogs' parameters of similar weight not being in the end his day of insminacion the one that was predicted in a beginning (having to change tickets of plane or days of permission in the work)

I do not question the amiability of the persons I am even very grateful since someone of them have helped me very much, when I was for my bitch and the friendliness that I saw am grateful for it very much.

For trips I want to return there and to visit persons (that will be easier since I will not have to look when my bitch will be pointed)