Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Old 10-12-2009, 12:09   #24
mijke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
but the main problem seems to be... the price is too high for some people.
So I was wondering about, if we get one ammount of owners (upper than the actual number of tested dogs) willing to make this test in his dogs, would have the possibility of the university turn the price of the test lower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvdwiel View Post
maybe they are willing to make a discount when you can give them 50 or more samples at one time?
Maybe Mijke can ask them, she is the one with the connections
I agree it is a high price to test a dog for this disease.

And of course I am willing to try to get discount when we are able to send 50 blood samples in one time.
But I doubt if it is really possible to send such an amount of samples in one time!

Maybe it is only possible when we collect blood on a event like World dog show
And I am willing to come over with a vet on such an event and take the blood samples for free! (owners then only have to pay for the test of the university)

And till that time I only can hope that more owners realize it is important to test their CsW.
A lot of owners are still thinking pituitary dwarfism is not a big issue in this breed, they don’t test.

But when 1/5 of the 30 tested dogs from different combinations/lines are carrier , it is probably a big issue in a breed.

And when a breeder counts €25 more for each pup they sell, with one litter they can earn the costs of a pituitary dwarfism test

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote