Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Sport & training

Sport & training Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs as working dogs - how to train, how to teach new elements, information about competitions and training seminars...

Old 10-02-2012, 07:39   #1
Priska182
Canadian Member

Smile Obedience with CsV

Hi everyone
I know that a lot of threads already exist about CsV working ability but I would like to know if some of your train there CsV in obedience do you have some video of their work and if you can say what is their level
Thank you very much
Old 10-02-2012, 22:44   #2
jefta
Call Me Sexy Srdcervac

Send a message via Skype™ to jefta Send Message via Gadu Gadu to jefta

I train with Sexy obedience from time to time. But obedience in FCI is different than in UK, US, Canada etc.

She is probably ready for basic class (obedience 0) we will see on competition

I have only video from our IPO B training. I don`t know you call it `obedience` or not (in polish we have other word for that)
Old 11-02-2012, 06:03   #3
Priska182
Canadian Member

Thumbs up

Hello Jefta,

Thank you very much that’s exactly the answer I was hoping for How old is Sexy? And since how long do you train her?

I wish to train mine but he is still really young for now (3 months and 1/2) and I don't want to expect too much from him.

So, good luck to both of you when you will go on competition And thanks again for you answer

Best regards,
Old 11-02-2012, 15:26   #4
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Beautiful Jefta! I am sooooooo jealous of nicely she gives you focus - that's been one of the most difficult things for me to master with my dogs.

Formal Obedience with the AKC looks very similar (in nice form, anyways). Rally Obedience looks muuuuuch different, since there is no limit to how many commands (either hand or voice) that you are allowed to give. It looks, in many cases, with Rally Obedience, like the dog is charge of the owner. Rally is a good "gateway" to AKC obedience for newer handlers though, and if you are serious, and make a point to have a nice presentation and well trained dog, you can score highly, often.

We also have IPO obedience training in both countries though - through an organization called the DVG. http://dvgamerica.com/
This training is more strict, and much more similar to what you see in Europe.
Old 11-02-2012, 22:42   #5
of_Mercedes_Dream

of_Mercedes_Dream jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:21   #6
Priska182
Canadian Member

Thumbs up

Hello Patrick,

Wow it's really amazing! Thank you very much for sharing Do you think that the clicker help a lot? I never try it, but I'm really curious about it... Have you take some cliker lesson?
As you can see I'm really looking for the best way to train my little monster. He is really smart but he also have a strong character

I never try "real obédiance" with my first Vlcak but this time I really wish more from my dog So I whant to know what I can expect from him now and what is still too soon for him...

Best regards,

Stéphanie & Genzo