Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 29-07-2006, 09:17   #1
Mosi

Send a message via AIM to Mosi Send a message via MSN to Mosi
Default Windswept Hillock's - still concerned...

A while ago I remember a pair of dogs where shown on the forum that where thought to be in bad condition:

http://windhk.club.fr/czechwd.html (especially Jola)

http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/gallery/cat134.html
http://www.wolfdog.org/eng/gallery/d1156.html

I cant help but think about this pair, and how they look now, does anyone know? they look better in the gallery photos but terrible on the website.
I know that in the UK anyone who kept dogs in those conditions would have them impounded and be banned for life from keeping animals, especially considering how thin Jola is.
The website hasnt been updated for like 6 years, and maybe im being nosey. I cant help but look at there enclosures and the chains that seem around their necks constantly, I dont think ive seen other Wolfdogs in conditions like that.
Thanks for reading and hopefully you know more than I do.

come see my art --->
www.afiach.deviantart.com
Mosi jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 23:09   #2
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Has I see, this is not only for Jola but with all dogs of this kennel, I have see one foto, that has Amber Wolf Z Pernowki and Anubis Wolf, Anubis have the same owner of Jola, is possible see the great difference that this treatment can make in this photo, realy is sad.
The photo that more have shock-me was this, one pupie nor complet formed prison in chains, this is to much stupid, same or worse at the treatment that one stupid finghting dog breeder gives for hers animals, in my opinion this never was love dogs, and by these fotos this breeder same more one puppy mills by the treatment.
My question is, what he really want whit the breeding? I tink, get money?!? because this was NEVER working for the better and the improvement of one breed.
In Brasil by the people that work with dogs ( handlers, treiners, breeders), the serious breeders is called "Criador", is one ofence call one breeder like this ( owner of Jola) of "Criador", these tipe is called "Cachorreiro", is one person that not respect the dogs, cannot breeding, I not want nor imagine what can happen with one "breeder" that treats the dogs as he, here.

Paula
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 12:21   #3
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Hi Paula,

when I saw Phillip at out training camp, he seemed like a very nice person very caring about his dogs, so I would think twice before accusing him for the condition of the bitch (especially as Falco seems quite fat at the photos). Some dogs just stay thin no matter what you do, either not eating enough or having a fast metabolism.

On the other hand - the chained puppy. Well it is not a puppy as a young wolfdog in my opinion. Phillip kept wolfdogs for dog-sledding a if you do dog-sledding you have many dogs which have to be used to stay outside. The chain on the image is typical for keeping more dogs on single chain (so you won't have to carry a single chain for every dog and look for good places to tie them to). Keeping the dog on chain is not bad treatment, as long as you let the dog off the chain enough.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 20:21   #4
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Hi, Saschia, thanks for you reply, but I still have mine diffidences...
Quote:
Some dogs just stay thin no matter what you do, either not eating enough or having a fast metabolism.
Well as, also the low quality dry-food swell the dog, can turn they "fatten" but not healthful.

Quote:
On the other hand - the chained puppy. Well it is not a puppy as a young wolfdog in my opinion.
I agree with you, but he still is in the formation, in the description of the photo say that he have 4 months, it is forming the bones, cartilages and muscles, as all yung dog, is growing, the chain does not seem for me to be light, and this can affect in the formation of the dog.
Adapt the yung dog for the sled, treining he, without problem but never can force one pupie or one young dog, well as it has to be "free" in the biggest part of the time when it's forms.
A chain, is that it seems light or not, already can make damageds in the health of a young dog/puppie and depends on the chain, in the adult and old dogs.
Please not taken this as an accusation, I do not know he, but is what seems.

Quote:
Phillip kept wolfdogs for dog-sledding a if you do dog-sledding you have many dogs which have to be used to stay outside. The chain on the image is typical for keeping more dogs on single chain (so you won't have to carry a single chain for every dog and look for good places to tie them to). Keeping the dog on chain is not bad treatment, as long as you let the dog off the chain enough.
I really not know the time what he leave the dog prinsion in the chains, but really for one sleed-dog is not necessarie to much time in the chains if you have conditions for leaves it's free, he not live in the artic ( as exemple), the dogs aren't the only transport way for he, and probably the dogs not stay in one local that he cannot put one fence for the dog not run away, that need leave the dog prision for it's security, as happen in the artic , he probably make this for sport alone, not need this.

Greetings

Paula
Old 02-08-2006, 02:19   #5
Nebulosa

For complement better this topic

http://www.wolfdog.org/php/index.php...ewtopic&t=1895
Old 03-08-2006, 13:29   #6
herder
Musketier

The site may not be updated for 6 years, but did you try to e-mail him?
herder jest offline   Reply With Quote