Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 11-02-2013, 01:19   #21
jefta
Call Me Sexy Srdcervac

Send a message via Skype™ to jefta Send Message via Gadu Gadu to jefta

I also don`t see the reasons for disqualification dm/dm dogs from breed where is so much important problems for example as Satu said- wrong character what is really hard to detect in future generation
Old 11-02-2013, 01:25   #22
jmvdwiel

So you also wouldn't mind to have a dm/dm puppy from a litter you selected? If you cannot select on breeding new DM/DM dogs maybe the breed isn't word saving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefta View Post
I also don`t see the reasons for disqualification dm/dm dogs from breed where is so much important problems for example as Satu said- wrong character what is really hard to detect in future generation
Old 11-02-2013, 08:43   #23
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

who speak about puppy with DM/DM - girl speak about this dog who are LIVE now and have DM/DM - they can go in breeding only with mating with NN dogs- and NOT imposible with this mating have DM/DM. Or you propose all dog who born before DM test and later when make this test and becam result DM./DM not breed? WHY? they are normal dog who can used easy in breeding only with one regulamin - mate with NN dogs.
DM is one from problems who have CSV and not the bigest in breed. this is ONLY one point in breeding but not most important
Old 11-02-2013, 10:22   #24
Shadowlands

I think all responsible breeders are ensuring that no DM affected pups are born now. Before the test was available, sadly some were, but this doesn't necessarily rule these dogs out from breeding if they are special in other ways (character, interesting blood line etc). Like a carrier dog, they must be mated ONLY with dogs tested clear - this way, no DM affected puppies need ever be born again. If there is a puppy tested DM/DM these days, the breeder is not worth working with anyway, so you would not be in the situation of making a decision to have a DM puppy or not...
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:29   #25
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

I think breeding with DM/DM dog should be compensated by high qualities of the dog, as that mating produces only carriers, that means dogs that'll have to be mated only with N/N mates also. But it should be allowed in cases where it does make sense.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote