Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 17-01-2008, 16:39   #1
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf
Default Photos & co...

It has been almost a month since my last post about problem accessing the database. Nothing has changed. Is actually anybody reading this and caring about solving the problem?

Also I have a question - why photos of my own dogs, sent by me, which have been in the galleries for years, dissapeared from my dogs galleries? Why the gallery of my Ali for example says 40 photos and displays only 12? (Not to mention, the oldest 12 pictures!) Where is the rest of photos?

Is that problem of the access to the database, something like not showing everything to people on guest level (except that it is no more certain who is on guest-level, as now even registered breeder is all of a sudden anonymous user with guest level).

Why it is not a problem to browse people´s private websites and galleries and steal photos without asking and placing them on Wolfdog.org, but all of a sudden, we cannot see in galleries photos carefully chosen and added months or years ago by the rightfull owner of the photos?

I am asking publicly, because private messages and e-mails stay not answered for months, or in fact, eternity.
Old 17-01-2008, 17:35   #2
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf View Post
Also I have a question - why photos of my own dogs, sent by me, which have been in the galleries for years, dissapeared from my dogs galleries? Why the gallery of my Ali for example says 40 photos and displays only 12? (Not to mention, the oldest 12 pictures!) Where is the rest of photos?
The number of the foto displayed at the datas of the dog means all fotos that this dog have, exemple the 40 fotos of Ali, but of these 40 only 12 was only "of the dog" category, that's why only they appear directly at the dogs foto, the others may be placed in other category, as meetings or dogshows when the old gallery was transfer for the new gallery.

Here the 12 fotos of Mery

Here more 2 fotos of she at international dogshow in brussels, that aren't in the Mery direct gallery.

Here more 4 at Hooderloo dogshow

And if continue searching in the others gallery category you will find all 40 fotos.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 17:52   #3
Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
And if continue searching in the others gallery category you will find all 40 fotos.
Interesting explanation. Still it does not explain the fact, why it now says there is only 40 photos of Mery, where previously was over 150 photos. Not to mention, there were much more photos of Mery the dog, herself (not a sport, event, meeting or whatever), including for example the picture, which is used on her database card and those are gone.
Why and where?

Same for my other dog, Cira.

Same for many other dogs, listed in the database.
Old 17-01-2008, 18:04   #4
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Interesting explanation. Still it does not explain the fact, why it now says there is only 40 photos of Mery, where previously was over 150 photos. Not to mention, there were much more photos of Mery the dog, herself (not a sport, event, meeting or whatever), including for example the picture, which is used on her database card and those are gone.
Why and where?

Same for my other dog, Cira.

Same for many other dogs, listed in the database.
Maybe they still haven't get pass all fotos of the old gallery for the new seing the size that it was, the number of fotos is realy big, sometimes when I was visit the gallery I find "old" fotos recently add.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 18:22   #5
Mirkawolf

I´d be happy to receive some explanation from somebody, who actually knows what is going on - I mean like Margo or Przemek.

Does not make too much sense to me, that there is no time to tranfer old photos to new galleries, but there´s enough time to browse people´s private sites and take pictures from there and add them to Wolfdog.org galleries.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:11   #6
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

i have tried to send emails several times to Margo 2 or 3 months ago about her new litter with Jolly, about access to the site etc but no reply.
Does anybody know if everything is ok? i hope they are fine because i haven't any news about them.

Ah...if I ever get a reply, any chance to have my previous access level?
woldog.org is a very useful site for breeding and working if you have the right levels of course.
massimo
Old 05-02-2008, 15:54   #7
Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
i have tried to send emails several times to Margo 2 or 3 months ago about her new litter with Jolly, about access to the site etc but no reply.
Does anybody know if everything is ok? i hope they are fine because i haven't any news about them.
Not replying to e-mails that ask them to do something or fix bugs on this site is their common policy. You did not notice yet?
I am waiting for replies to several of my PM´s and e-mails etc. for several months and I don´t really believe, it will ever come.
Old 05-02-2008, 16:08   #8
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Quote:
Not replying to e-mails that ask them to do something or fix bugs on this site is their common policy. You did not notice yet?
I am waiting for replies to several of my PM´s and e-mails etc. for several months and I don´t really believe, it will ever come.
Mirka,
this is a private and free site so I do not accuse them of anything, i am sure they have their own problems and things to do.
I was just wondering if somebody had news.
massimo
Old 05-02-2008, 16:33   #9
Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
Mirka,
I am sure they have their own problems and things to do.
I was just wondering if somebody had news.
massimo
So do I. Therefore I am still waiting for reply, why they have time to browse my private albums and download photos and put them in galleries on WD. When they are so busy...

Latest news, as far as I know, is "Z Peronowki" selling puppy to Brazil.
Old 05-02-2008, 17:49   #10
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

Oh, Mirka - I see you already found the answer: We are busy with trading with the puppies and we forgot that our DUTY is to work for others. And when we do not fulfil this everybody has the right to send us angry unpleasant private meesages...

In this case I understand the photos are just a pretext. I respect people that are able to say directly what is the problem without finding any silly reasons to make somebodys life harder. The photos that were added to galleries by me where the photos sent by Belgian and Dutch people to my email address [email protected] or [email protected]. I did not know the people did send the photos to me without asking you for permissions. But I spent few days and went through the WHOLE gallery and removed every single photo with your logo because I have enough of calling me a thief. Maybe I overlooked some photos so If you will find any photo made by you and posted without your permission be so kind and send me an email - i will remove it so fast as possible...
I will also sent separate emails to people which send your photos to me (I'm not sure if I remeber everyone... ). I also promise I will no longer accept new photos with your logo sent by anybody else than you even if the person will get your permission. That way you can be sure the copyright laws of your photos will never be broken again. I really have no time to ask everyone who uploads your photos if he has a special written permission from you that allows it to be published on wolfdog.org.

PS. Before making any new gossips it is better to check the reality...
NO, we are not seeling puppy to Brasil at the moment. Jezebeth has new owner (Nebulosa) since almost one year.
But YES, we have a very nice guest from Brazil at the moment who came to Europe to meet some CzWs and their owners... It is the reason why I will be again not online for next few days....
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 15:57   #11
Mirkawolf

Sorry for the multiple message, it told me there was database error and message got lost. Another bug