Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 15-12-2008, 17:48   #1
tikaani

Default legal in the uk

now that CWD's are now legal to own in the uk, i can only see things getting better for the CWD over here, with all the contraversy with cross breading over her etc I think itll be a lot beter from now on. with a fesh start with new dogs hopfully comin in to the country and people not having to hide what they have and people crosing breeding probly due to not enuff blood lines i think we can finaly look ahead and start afresh. I have a pure CWD and will only breed her with anuther pure bread CWD when she comes of age, she has a while to go yet though before i let her, and by then hopfully there will be some new blood in the Uk. With the kenel club looking like there gona register them aswell things are finaly looking up. I wish to thank all the people who kept on at defra and the kenal club to legalise the breed and to all that supported the people of the uk on this mater, thanks ......
oh and im sure there will be people who want to have ago at us over here for the cross breeds over here but remember were not all like that, although i dont mind cross breeds i wouldnt want to cross mine thanks
tikaani jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 18:01   #2
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Sometimes reading all thats happen in UK with the breed, about the UK breeders, their behaviour and whats happen to the breed there , sadly I think that DEFRA was right.
Old 15-12-2008, 18:12   #3
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
Sometimes reading all thats happen in UK with the breed, about the UK breeders, their behaviour and whats happen to the breed there , sadly I think that DEFRA was right.

im sure you do... but with so little CWD over here cross breading was bound to happen and unfortunatly bad press will always out shine the good. but with new dogs able to come into the country theres no excuse for cross breading now and in a few years time im sure that thing will chainge over here. im sure there are cross breads abroad but with so many pure dogs over there they aint so noticible. any way it can only get better now and people who were crossing them over here havent got any reason to cross them any more as a pure breed will sell beter then a cross. although im not a breeder and not in it for the money, i just love the bread. lets hope things get beter, less crosses more pure breeds
Old 15-12-2008, 19:06   #4
loup-de-bretagne

The only answer is for someone in the UK to set up a proper organised breed club for the CWD then apply for registration with the Kennel club (10 dogs needed to do that), with the establishment of genuine and certified CWDs then the 'value' of these cross breeds will diminish and CWDs will be able to be seen at shows etc. So what are you waiting for?
loup-de-bretagne jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 19:19   #5
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaani View Post
im sure you do... but with so little CWD over here cross breading was bound to happen and unfortunatly bad press will always out shine the good. but with new dogs able to come into the country theres no excuse for cross breading now and in a few years time im sure that thing will chainge over here. im sure there are cross breads abroad but with so many pure dogs over there they aint so noticible. any way it can only get better now and people who were crossing them over here havent got any reason to cross them any more as a pure breed will sell beter then a cross. although im not a breeder and not in it for the money, i just love the bread. lets hope things get beter, less crosses more pure breeds
All countries started with just a few dogs living there. It is no problem any longer to trevel with your pet to the continent, so for me this is no reason for crossbreeding.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 19:22   #6
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by loup-de-bretagne View Post
The only answer is for someone in the UK to set up a proper organised breed club for the CWD then apply for registration with the Kennel club (10 dogs needed to do that), with the establishment of genuine and certified CWDs then the 'value' of these cross breeds will diminish and CWDs will be able to be seen at shows etc. So what are you waiting for?
you are right and that is already being worked on at the mo so hopfully soon itll all be sorted. some body has already gatherd the info for the dogs and the club should be sorted soon, if i knew how i would start it but i think ill let them sort it for now as they seem to be in a beter position and kmow more about it than me. should all be dun by summer hopfully
Old 15-12-2008, 19:27   #7
tikaani

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
All countries started with just a few dogs living there. It is no problem any longer to trevel with your pet to the continent, so for me this is no reason for crossbreeding.

Ina
well as the dogs were not aloud in the country bringin them back and forth was a bit of a problem at the time, but now its not so hopfully itll stop, and crossbreads are breed abroad and they dint have any excuse so whats there reason. i dont want to get into that debate anyway, that is not what this post is about. thanks
Old 15-12-2008, 23:14   #8
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post

Ina
Hi Ina,,,,,,,,,, Thank you for that, But for those who have been cross breeding IT NEVER WAS PROBLEM TO TAKE THERE DOGS TO EUROPE ,, my CWS have been in and out of uk. for over 6 yrs My bitch was mated in Holland nearly 2yes ago, and all this was possable before law was changed, my friend from Poland visits me with two CWS and i look after them for her, her dogs have been in and out of u.k. lots before law changed so even as far back as my first CWS was in u.k. it has always been possable to travel with dogs to Europe for breeding the CWS is not or never has been a banned breed of dog in u.k., it was untill recently classed as a dog which required a special licence, this did not stop the CWS from entering the u.k., when you did bring one to u.k. you where to inform the local council for licence,,, so there never was any reason ever to cross bred in u.k. and no one can make any unfounded excuses for what they have done,, I see the beautiful male CWS i bred and trusted to Steven can still be seen openly advertised at stud, steven who i envited to my home shared my knowledge with and who give his solem word to my wife and I he would never cross breed even signed a contract stating this, just as other like steven did as well, as for me getting roped in anyone is welcome to my kennels only pure bred dogs will be found, and in my wolf pen are my private breeding what i do for my hobby, my other wolf dogs of high content, F3 or more, these are my wolfdogs and my hobby bred for me and my friends in Europe, I do not breed for money,,,,,,, as some may think, I have breed two litters of pure CWS in just over 6 yrs, I learnt hard lesson after my first litter that people can not be trusted, my second litter i send 2 pups to Spain, I own 3 and my buisness partner owns 1, so no cross breeding,,, I think long before i put CWS up for recognition with kennel club again and untill all terms for health scans and few other things are on paper and signed by kennel club i will not put breed up,, Pacino
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 23:26   #9
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by loup-de-bretagne View Post
hi, we have people who have club but the club can not be made offical untill the breed is offical, we have enough dogs all that are pure breed with pedigrees and FCI export pedigrees, i dont know if you are aware but it has taken 6 yrs to get the law ammended to do away with the dangerous wild animal licence which applied to the CWS in u.k., so what is another couple of month to us ,, its a walk in the park compared to the last 6 years of paperwork, phone calls and meetings,, as for stopping the cross breeding CWS have been coming in from France and Saarloos, unfortunately our hands are tied we can do nothing about this only make sure none get passed as pure dogs and get registered,,,,,pacino
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote