Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2017, 11:12   #1
lefteris
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 15
Question Teething in puppies

Hey 2 all,

been a while since i wrote something here.

I got a fem pup, she is 6 months now and she have a bit of overbite but not to much. Front teeth are almost in correct position but the bottom canines aren't in place.

I have already contacted vet and he told me to wait for her to grow a bit more. I saw on internet people telling that you should wait because the jaws might get bigger but they were talking for GSDs can this happen to our dogs also or should i insist on adding some appliance to help the teeth in position?

Thanks
lefteris jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 13:55   #2
yukidomari
Moderator
 
yukidomari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 845
Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari
Default

It depends on the actual malocclusion? Without even a photo it would be impossible to say but perhaps you should visit a specialty veterinary dentist.

What do you mean the bottom canines 'aren't in place'? Do you mean mispositioned or not erupted yet or?
__________________
"Learn to do well; seek judgment."
www.greyfarer.com/
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 14:23   #3
lefteris
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
It depends on the actual malocclusion? Without even a photo it would be impossible to say but perhaps you should visit a specialty veterinary dentist.

What do you mean the bottom canines 'aren't in place'? Do you mean mispositioned or not erupted yet or?
You are right i ll show you a photo i took a week ago. (there seem to be a bit of progress but again the canine on fully in place)



I talked with a dentist (not many Vet Dentists in greece) and he told me to wait a bit more. I am just wondering if anyone have seen it again on a puppy of that age.
lefteris jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 14:39   #4
lefteris
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefteris View Post
You are right i ll show you a photo i took a week ago. (there seem to be a bit of progress but again the canine on fully in place)



I talked with a dentist (not many Vet Dentists in greece) and he told me to wait a bit more. I am just wondering if anyone have seen it again on a puppy of that age.
Just an update in case someone wonders what happened, so there been 15 days since i noticed the teeth issues. Not yet the time for dentist but one of the canines is almost full in place then other one is still struggling to find his way.
lefteris jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 19:34   #5
yukidomari
Moderator
 
yukidomari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 845
Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari
Default

we still keep our fingers (and paws!) crossed it will just resolve on its own!
__________________
"Learn to do well; seek judgment."
www.greyfarer.com/
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 08:19   #6
lefteris
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
we still keep our fingers (and paws!) crossed it will just resolve on its own!
Hi again, so Nitra is almost nine months and her teeth look in place
lefteris jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 21:20   #7
yukidomari
Moderator
 
yukidomari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 845
Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefteris View Post
Hi again, so Nitra is almost nine months and her teeth look in place
great news!!! the vet was right after all then!
__________________
"Learn to do well; seek judgment."
www.greyfarer.com/
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Wolfdog.org