View Single Post
Old 26-12-2009, 20:27   #243
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav

It should be wise to sit on my fingers

This is not about you - I don't know you and neither do the other members of this forum. Our concern is about anyone who may jeopardize the time consuming work of changing the law. 11+ more or less ignorant owners, no matter the dogs origin mean 11+ more chances of ending the story of the Saarloos Wolfhound in Norway. Because the breed is defined as a - not even a possible but a de facto - dangerous breed, there's no pardon for wolfdogs showing bad behaviour. And dogs do behave... what is considered bad is not up to the owner to decide. Someone may provoke the dog or treat it badly and by that getting the oportunity of accusing it for bad behavior. Even a minor accident which would be considered harmless if carried out by any other dog would do. Which may be fatal not only to the wolfdog itself - but to the future of a breed which by law is reputed dangerous. Not because of its doing but by heritage. It is a simple as that. The law do warn that any accident caused by a SW may lead to reconsidering the legal right of keeping the breed in this country. In my opinnion this should be clearly understood and kept in mind by anyone long before even thinking of purchasing a SW. Have you made the necessary preparations and are you and the 11+ ready for the responsibility?
--
po

Last edited by Per Olav; 27-12-2009 at 09:31.
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote