View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 16:55   #22
DIMITRIS

Hello saschia, thanks for the advice! I made a new seperal post with the same issue ("poop eating") thats why the delay, i was checking only that..
For now, i do try preventing it, if not success then distracting, and then "Don't!" (but no further punishment) and praise her if she listens. I still wait for the vet's pills (food supplements) to do their job or prove it is a habbit or attention seeking. I am not sure but i thing there is a progress judging by the fact that she still want to eat them but like it is a routine and not with so much excitement like the first days.. i hope it is true.
In general she is reacting extremely well for a 3 months old puppy ( i guess she learns fast by copying my other adult dog) in basic commands (eye contact hearing her name,"don't", sit, come), but: i say "dont" for something (eating poo, jumb on the table etc)and she listens, then "bravo" for listening and she then repeats the bad behaviour which caused me to say "dont" at the very first place, like she thinks that the bad behavior is part of the same procedure with the final reward for listening to "dont"!.. Maybe i must try not saying "bravo" when she listens to "dont"! (its confusing me because rewarding the understanding of "no" or "dont" worked with the other dog!)
As about the diarrhea i was lucky because she just needed one more "round" of de worming pills, and it was not something more serious and now she is very normal.
That's all for now!
DIMITRIS jest offline   Reply With Quote