View Single Post
Old 20-01-2005, 00:38   #30
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharoncooper
she was the most amazing animal red and brown in colour with yellow eyes and a dark liver coloured pigment her nose was a very dark liver colour pink whever i went with her people either crossed the road to avoid her or walked up and said what is that . she need motivating for training had unlimited energy and boundless curiosity nothing like any animal
Sharon,

I am very sory for what happened to your dog. But as I read your description of your dog, I do not believe she could be Czechoslovakian wolfdog. CSW´s do not have such colors, though as you look at some pictures in the gallery, you might have that idea. But CSW never has a brown nose or liver colour pink nose. Colors like you describe are though likely to found at Saarloos wolfdogs. The standard of Saarloos allows the wolfdogs to be brownish and with brown nose, though it makes them look a bit like malamutes or huskies (that´s only my opinion). I do not know, how probable is that a Saarloos would make it to Australia, but I bet that it was not a CSW, that you had at home.

Oh and hmm, it is also probable, that your dog was a cross of something, which ended up looking like a wolfdog. Just take a look at the forum about the Utonagans..

Mirka
Mirkawolf jest offline   Reply With Quote