View Single Post
Old 31-12-2004, 19:58   #25
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoosLetydeGraaff
You haven't even come from Australia to do such a things. Even a lot of people coming from the whole part of West/East Europe, can do such a thing.
What do you mean by "such a thing"?
- to buy an "accidental puppy" from an irresponsible breeder? Yes, you're right. There are masses of naive people who buy loads of absurd things, though as we all know, animals are not things .
- to pay $10,000 for a CzW puppy? I don't suppose many individuals would be that naive
If somebody buys any "poor quality" puppy from an irresponsible breeder - it's a sad thing, but if somebody saves for a couple of years, or so, to afford to import such a dog to Australia and spends God knows how long to deal with all the red tape - the waste is even greater It's a tradegy, isn't it?

Quote:
They think or say "that is a beautifull dog and such one, thats what I wanted" They don't realise what kind of dog this is and how many breeders sell such a dog to such people???? Without knowing something about these people only they sell a dog for money.
This is the crucial issue. Because people shouldn't trade animals like other products. On the other hand, the fact that money is involved in the transaction of puppies is tempting for many unethical, greedy or just simple, stupid people to make money on them regardless to any other factors. There is no other way to stop them than through ..market instruments - (re: the above post by Margo). They will soon lose credibility and buyers' confidence. And through education and organisations, e.g. FCI, clubs etc.

But we must also remember that many people do not buy dogs in order to breed, exhibit and train them, but just to have pets. For them the "breeing quality" of the puppy does not matter that much. And there should also be a market for such owners... (well... maybe they should rather be discouraged from buying the Czechs, especially if they are inexperienced dog owners )

By the way, I wish you and all Wolfdog lovers all the best in the New Year.

P.S. And now I'm off to cuddle my poor, terrified dog, who hates New Year Eve's fireworks
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote