View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:14   #26
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijke View Post
I am a big supporter of DNA registration of every dog in all breeds!
But.... when (like in my country) every owner can send a swab of their dog for this, it is not of any use for me personal...
So it would be GREAT if FCI would demand DNA verification of a dog of an independant veterinarian of every dog

Because I also know "big breeders" have mostly a "special relationship" with their vet.. I would prefer that FCI and every national breeding organisation would make an agreement for all countries with vets who are alowed to check identity and make the identification
It's the same for DNA testing in the US - and puppies don't have to be tested, only imported dogs (however, AKC can make random visits to breeders and do DNA tests on any dogs at the facility, but this is very, very rare). I wish the FCI would follow your "orders" above, and require the AKC to do the same in order to continue their reciprocity agreement. Things could get very bad for the breed if mixes were ever created/imported here, and we achieved full recognition.