View Single Post
Old 16-01-2005, 02:59   #12
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikika
E poi il lupo dei carpazi non è mica piccolo....non capisco (e non voglio capire ) perchè tutti vogliono il maschio piccolo.
It is not that people like small males. If you have two dogs which look exactly the same but one is 65 cm and second 70 cm than the higher dog is "better". But in the truth in the reality it looks like this: dog with 65 cm is "wolfish" and the dog with 70 cm looks like grey German Shepherd Dog(Mix). So in this case a good judge will always choose the smaller dog. It is so because small size comes from Slovakian lines which are very wolfish and the huge size comes almost always from Kazan z PS (and you can find his pictures in the database). It is very simplified of course....

But there are other reasons why very large dogs are not prefered by the well-known breeders from origin countries (I wrote about it on other forum so I will copy it):

1) There are much more important reasons than "I don't like large dogs so I will put in the bonitation "typical are average dogs"". The Slovak people organize every year endurance runs (40, 70 and 100 km). We saw the same in Czech Republic. And to be honest: there is huge problem with endurance by large dogs. In the fact I can say almost all large dogs have problems to pass the 40 km exam. I even know dogs which had problems to pass the 20 km run. So in the most cases dogs which are very big violate the standard which says "Pieno di temperamento, molto attivo, resistente, recettivo, rapido nelle sue reazioni,".

2) The same is with working abilities. The best working Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs of this breed have average height because biggier dogs are to slow and to "lazy" for protection work and obedience. Best examples are males: Baker (68 cm), Gar (67 cm), Hasso (68 cm), Kelt (67 cm) and females: Canis (61,5 cm), Ira (64 cm), Abra (61 cm) or Esta (65 cm). And almost all dogs whith working certificates have less than 70 cm. And it is also one of the most important reasons because working with CzWs is "in" now.

3) And what is much more important for owners - huge dogs have much often problems with penn hips (HD), elbows (ED) and with other problems by growth which are usualy typical for molos breeds. There are sometimes whole litters where both parents are "heavy" where sometimes more than 50% of the puppies have middle or strong HD...

I don't want to say that all large dog are ill, lazy, ugly or something like this. If someone will pass the endurance run with his dog and also get good notes from experts than it doesn't matter that the dog is very high. Because it is still typical and it will be appreciated. I have also very high dog which was for a very long time the biggest here (luckily not the heaviest ) so I pay attention to problems with such dogs and in the fact the three points I described are reasons why most people in CZ, SK or even Germany dog not breed large wolfdogs....

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote