View Single Post
Old 22-01-2013, 17:52   #44
Tana

I'm asking again: why have you started this topic if you wanted to hear one answer? It's your dog and you may keep her where you want. Experienced owners expressed their opinions, but you don't believe them. Fine with me - I respect your right to make mistakes.[/quote]
I was just curious to see how many think a wolfdog must be raised outside and how many think is better inside. So if i have my oppinion different than your, why you care so much and presume so many stupid things about me or my country?! Do you really think that such dog who slept all his life in the house, if some day is lost in the wilderness, is able to survive and adapt, instead of being a good prey for other animals, including wolves? My respect for this race means to keep the natural abilities of wolfdog intact if i can. So i am sorry but I can't believe a dog raised to sleep like a lazy cat in the owner's bed can still survive and be accepted in a wolf pack, like the one in the documentary, not even that is able to hunt for his own food. Also in my oppinion is prone to diseases more than one who live outside all his life, where the harsh climatic condition can help him to be more healthy and resistant in long terms. Is the evolution way, tested for centuries by nature herself-the stronger, survive; the weaker is food for the stronger. Harsh but true. Also I kept years ago a german shepherd in an apartment( my parents apartment, when i was a student), so i really know how is it. All the dogs smells and let a lot of hair behind, they can destroy cables and doors also they steal food if they can. Washing them often is not healthy for their hair, so you must live with them after they was outside in long walks each day. Ahaha this is a nightmare, the smell is in the blanket, the hair is in the air. The hair can provoke asthma. This is the reality. If you do not realise this, your guests maybe are too polite to say you the truth. Is like in a smoker house. Everything can be clean, even in photos , but when you visit him you realise somebody smoke there.But in photos is a perfect harmony . Of course I have photos with my little dog and my 180 l aquarium. Tana can be nice in the house for several hours if first we play with her, but i will be never sure what will be with the fate of my aquarium if she will be left "home alone" No more to say, each owner has his taste. I doubt when wolfdog was created was for sleeping in bed, watching tv etc. this is simply mocking the dignity of this race. No wonder that some german shepherds owner's, from working line, think also this is a "failed experiment" If some of the owners, who keep him in house think like that about their wolfdog, what to say about strangers In that documentary was -among others things(the life in a real wolf pack)-about how to create a bond with an proud wolf without destroying his natural way to be, a kind of high respect that i can understand and i really like. So I will try to keep the nature path if i can, because i think is healthier. Anyway, is really funny, i wonder how some could sleep well during night, with almost 45 kilos(an adult wolfdog) on them, is another kind of falsity i can't believe, because is far away from any kind of good sense. I think all are just funny photos for the family album. Or maybe you try once and after you go to doctor to check your bones Sorry again, we all like to sleep well during night, family and dogs, each one in his place : bed ,cage or under sun
Tana jest offline   Reply With Quote