View Single Post
Old 18-04-2007, 20:43   #54
Gaga
VIP Member

Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Gaga

Christian,
If you claim that 5 pups out of 8 in the working line litters are good material for working dogs I would be very grateful if you provided some statistical evidence / background which supported your statements. Just tell us which CSV matches resulted in such 80% magnificent ‘working descendants’. And then, how many of them gave further working generations.

Besides:
1. It is enough for the dog to pass a 40km running exam to be presented in a working class at dog shows(e.g. Slovakia) but we all know, that such an exam is very easy for a CSV and thus neither does it prove that this is a really working dog, nor that he descents from a working line. So this argument is rather weak.
2. Already in civilian’s ownership - CSV have been never selected according to their working abilities,. There have rather been cases that people who wanted to train their dogs bought pups of parents that had passed some kind of exams. But this can hardly be called proper selection, can it? The variety in the appearance (e.g. consider just the differences in exterior of Czech, Slovak and Italia dogs!) shows that there have been significant differences among the breeders – their priorities made various elements prominent… We may extrapolate this trend over to other aspects. If so, what happened to the working and training potential?

And last, but not least: CSV have been designed to become working dog breed, so theoretically (and practically) each CSV should possess some kind of inborn knack for working. So if we speak about ‘working line’s it would have to mean that certain family lines should be extraordinarily easily trainable and conspicuously bright among other CSVs. At least that’s how I see it.

Hodowca psów to nie funkcja, to nie zawód i nie nazwa hobby - to tytuł i godność. Trzeba na nią zasłużyć i dobrze piastować.
チェイタン。
Gaga jest offline   Reply With Quote