View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 20:53   #12
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildenmorgen View Post
I wonder - does the effectiveness of AI differ between different breeds? For example, I know some breeders of working dogs (for actual work, not just show - mostly GSD, but also Rottweiler, etc.) use AI here with semen from European dogs (because it is difficult in many cases to find good working dogs in the US) and they seem to have good results, I guess - or they wouldn't keep doing it, I suppose. But, I know our breed is different...so, maybe it would be less effective...
Do you know if its with frozen semem or with he cold one?
The cold semen normally is very effective and don't need the anesthesie, but its only 48 hours for make everything after it be collected, I know some people breeder of Deutche dogge that made it with sucess, but the person who brings the semem was a "well know" person of the airport, so, they could jump the burocratic part, exactly what impeaches the others "mere mortal BR breeders" to make the IA with cold semem, but its a problem for me, different for you.
The main problem in breed difference is the wolfdog heath, but its not impossible when we already have cases with positive results, like the litter of La Llamada Del Lobo kennel.

Quote:
Haha - Paula, maybe we can make a "real" plan here.... Maybe you and I can talk to our females, and convince them to come into heat at the same time - and then, we can make plans to bring all of our dogs to a mid-point between Brazil and the US - somewhere nice and with many comforts - Cancun maybe? And then, we can pay to bring a nice male along with his owner - and we can all take a holiday - wolfdogs, beaches, and happy times!!!
Dreaming holidays , next time, I cant forghet to play in the EU lottery if its get accumulate.

Quote:
Ahhhh...back to reality...in truth, I think you are right - it would be most efficient to bring a male across the ocean...

Marcy
So far I think its the better way of be sure that we will not expent a lot of money and time for nothing, because in this case, even if the male don't want to cover, we can make the IA direct in the female, with 100% fresh semmen and how many times its be need, without count that the same male can cover much more females than only 1. We will only need to convince the owner to accept it