View Single Post
Old 29-02-2012, 15:50   #45
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedeon View Post
Hi Obbie, and welcome.

Thing is it is not easy to tell straight how much it's gonna cost you, beside of fact matter of money should not be your first concern when thinking about importing CSV. But there is how it looks like more or less:

money your breeder will ask for puppy - different from breeder to breeder, country to country. Note that your dog will have to stay with a breeder additional 7 weeks more than a pup which is going to stay local. Also additional veterinary care must be taken.

+

cost of transport. what is distance to travel? Are you taking a plane, or car? Maybe train? I personally would not trust very much to breeder who offers to me posting a pup to UK. Obvious reasons. Also, every respectable breeder will want to meet you in person at least once.

+

Cost of stay. You may stay there few days, you may need hotel room, or some food. Maybe breeder can offer to you to stay at his place for day or two. Again, talk to breeder.

I can only tell you that in my case it is around 700-800 pounds with trip to Poland. Your can be different. Most importantly, it will be less than a price you will have to pay for a possibly cross with no FCI papers in UK.

Stay here, look for a while. On main page you can see incoming litters. If you want advice, or by getting yourself a CSV you will like to help our cause we may suggest something. If we want to establish proper population of CSV in UK, we will need many different, quality lines. I, personally, don't know much about breeding and genetics, but can contact you with someone who does.
hi obbie

as said, preferably many new lines are needed in the couuntry,but even if that is not your priority i would take your time,talk to many breeders(hopefully home bred rather than large kennels)learn the lines and types which there are a couple,u wouldnt want a high energy csv if u do not plan to train in any competetive disciplines etc,the standard price for a healthtested vlcak should be around the same price wherever but extra costs incurred whilst being held by the breeder may vary,as will the exporting depending on the mode of transport etc...a good breeder will discuss this with u,dont be scared of asking them many questions,and dont be surprised that they ask many of u(which a good breeder will)

[quote=Hanka;424270]Hi Obbie, if you wish, I give you contact to my UK owners of pups. Write me.

advert hanka?

we(as in the uk) need varied lines as i would imagine even u know
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote