View Single Post
Old 31-07-2002, 15:27   #14
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf
Default Please help

Hello Pedro,

I have absolutely no problems with italian language, since my boyfriend comes from Palermo.
So i will ask him tonight to translate the site for me.

What i think is, that it is insane to forbid recognised breeds to preserve some hybrids. After all,
every cross-dog is sort of hybrid and as such should be preserved? I hope not!

And if the hybrids are so great working dogs, why there is need to preserve them from mixing
with other breeds? If they are working dogs, then they are probably kept in family or in breeding
stations, and thus they hardly have chance to uncotroledly breed with another dogs.
If they roam wildly somewhere in the wood, then they can hardly be used as working dogs, or
for any training. I think i am not getting this much.

Here, if there is a new breed created, it is kept in breeding stations under strict kontrols, it breeds
only with specifically choosed individuals and the breed is called breed after it has several breeding lines
and some standard and the animals have some type. I didn#t notice anything of this at the Lupo Italiano,
but it might be the language problem in this case.

Quote:
What i absolutely disagree, is that you say that:

And specifically: the hybrid Italian Wolf is the ONLY
animal in the world who collect armoniously the
quality of the dog and the wolf being at all effects a
domestic animal and a work dog.
Are you kidding? You can't mean this seriously, can you. Where are some results proving this?
Before this discussion started, i had no idea about some Lupo Italiano existing at all! I have never
heard about them, never notice they'd win any competition, never heard they'd be used at army,
police or worked anywhere else. The breed (if it can be called breed at all) is so young, that
the world itself has no idea about it to exist, and you tell me how special they are?

Please, do me a favour and see the site of http://www.wolfdog.org, and check how many wolfdogs there is
with working tests passed, from easy to hard ones. Including my own wolfdog. I think this prooves all.

Mirka
Mirkawolf jest offline   Reply With Quote