View Single Post
Old 31-07-2002, 12:09   #12
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf
Default Please help

dear Damaris and Anne,

please, see what you are saying.. You want to convince me, that when i change name of breed, which looks like wolf, sometimes acts like wolf, loves to eat raw meat and howls, to for example czechoslovakian shepard, that it will stop ppl to doubt about it?
It's the same, like if you tell me that when i paint elephant to pink color and call him duck, it will stop to be elephant.

Btw .. vlcak means here a dog resembling wolf, yes. But the joke is, that if i say to anyone in public i have vlcak, everyone imagines immediately German shepard! People in this country are widely used to call german shepards "vlcak" and if i tell them, that i have Ceskoslovensky vlcak, they often think i am kidding!

After all, i have some news and rumours, why all this problem in Italy ocured. Some scientists there figured out, that some dogs crossed with wolves there in the mountains. And they suppose it must have been some shepherds (or wolfdogs), because they are most close (by appearance, size etc.) to wolves. So the big campaign about forbidding (or highly controling) czechoslovakian wolfdogs started. They somehow forgot, that the wolves could easily cross with other "similar" breeds, like huskies, malamutes, german shepards, belgian shepards, saarlooses etc. Funny, eh?

Another "good" reason to avoid having czechoslovakian wolfdogs in Italy is, that Italians are creating their own wolfdogs !! Please see http://www.lupoitaliano.it/ And oh my god, imagine, they named it Lupo Italiano - Italian wolf!! So what the hell is the problem of breed's name? This is truly making me smile.
It's clear, that they want to avoid concurence in having our breed in the country, they need people to support their own unrecognised hybrids.

Mirka
Mirkawolf jest offline   Reply With Quote