View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 12:32   #13
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
Thank you Paula for the tips to breeders, which are by the way good for prospective buyers too, to see if the breeder they contacted is responsible or just wants to get rid of the pups.

But I don't completely agree with you on one toic - you write it is not good to import pups from line that already exists. Of course it is better to increase the number of lines, but on the other hand, you don't want to have only one stud in each line. Even in the lines you should have some genetic variability. An when you import puppy you never know what will happen - the one that comes might for example miss a tooth, have bad character, etc., so it is better to have possibilities. No material is truly lost if used with great care, in the opposite, using a stud which is not of a good quality and not importing other pup instead from the same line can cause more damage for the breed, don't you think?
we have similar situation like Paula about import- when we buy a puppy from others country - Slovakia example we buy one from one litter and next from others. WHEN like you say puppy not go to breed we later buy new dog with this blood, but not import in this same time this same bloods or parents pupps from this same liters, when this not important to much have 2-3 puppy with this same blood in this same time. and we have easy situation only 1200 km to SK. no waters like Paula

see in Russia they have about 40 CSV ( I not member good ) but blood line ... are two or 3 only when are breeders who send all puppy from this same litters ( example 5 females from this same litters who have in this time), - about who good genetic we can speak in this time, when not are dogs who can go to breeding when are sister- brother and this same blood. I think about this better say Morian

Last edited by wolfin; 09-07-2011 at 12:35.
wolfin jest offline   Reply With Quote