Thread: Poop eating?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 17:20   #6
vila

You really made me laugh about your story! Your demon puppy really reminds me of mine about two years ago. Vila had annoying problems with digestion (non stop diarrhea) until about 8 months. I almost completely switched to raw food and it helped very much, but she was still eating all the poop she could find. And then I slowly realized that she was missing the enzymes so she could process the food. I supplemented her with apple cider vinegar witch did a great part of the job... other part she helped herself with eating all the dirt and poo she could get away with. Of course i tried stopping her, but on walks she is off leash and it's hard to prevent her every time. Now the poop-eating is almost over and can be stopped if I say "leave it". The only thing she still wants to eat is deer droppings, probably she is still searching for some enzymes to help process vegetables and bones she gets. Raw green tripe from beef or sheep/goat is great source of enzymes. Maybe you will find this info useful. Enzymes are really important and often overlooked with raw feeding. Wolves also eat a part of the animal's intestine just for digestion reasons good luck
vila jest offline   Reply With Quote