View Single Post
Old 28-03-2006, 23:39   #5
Mosi

Send a message via AIM to Mosi Send a message via MSN to Mosi

Quote:
these people "disapear", not wank help,

I hope you meant want!

Anyway, I do agree with Nebulosa, there should be a UK organisation for the czech wolfdog, for all fanciers of the breed in the UK to congregate and become a big group.
I'm sorry that Annika didnt contact you

I think we do have a real problem with defra, and mis-information as we all know which is a real issue that needs confronting. As Czech Wolfdogs are uncommon and there is little literature offline about them, you could say the same thing about the Saarloos but at least they are mentioned in many dog reference guides, where as the Czech are not.

I think Defra really needs a plain guide as to the Czech wolfdog, with its background, standard and perhaps case studys of others dogs, I've seen so many beautiful photos of the Czech wolfdog with children!

Me and a friend were considering building a website for the czech wolfdog based in the UK. However both as young and students its very difficult, and we both feel that the best person to be the head of a club would be the person with the most experience, that being you Paul. Im sure something can be arranged, but what we really need is more people coming forward.

Basically, I feel that Defra has problems with the dangerous dogs act altogether, I understand that Pit Bull Types, (as gorgeous and beautifully natured as they are) can fall into ill hands (drug dealers, dog fighters) then beautiful dogs can become dangerous dogs, I think the UK is worried more about this dogs strentgh than temperament.
Then theres the Dogo that is banned, purely because it looks like A pit bull, (despite the fact its a herding dog...) making an very rare breed even rarer.
However the Czech Wolfdog has neither the Pit Bull type strength, and is build (similarly) to a Huskyish GSD type, (best I can describe it!) and neither are banned are they. This is the main thing I cant really get over! The Czech wolfdog is nothing like the other 3 banned types , The Pit Bull (type) The Dogo Argentino, or the Tosa Inu (Fila Brasilio).

I wish you all the best of luck Paul, and hope that everything with Defra is over soon, and when the time comes I too will have the dogs I want!
Im sure the wait will be worth it.

Mosi

come see my art --->
www.afiach.deviantart.com
Mosi jest offline   Reply With Quote