View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 19:38   #11
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
The same problem here, no wonder why
I was searching for the possibility to use frozen semem, but seems that it still didn't develope well and the problem is not only the small percentage to the female be pregnant, as the fact we will need to anesthesie the female for make the insemination.
Mainly its about to 30% of chances of the female be pregnant with frozen semmem, I read somethings about evolutions in this area, turning possible to upper this percentage for 60% ( much better) but still I have not enough information about it.
For bring cold sperm we will have about 48 hours for transport untill make the insemination, by our rules its simply impossible as the burocracy can make you lost days for took out the semmem of the airport, sometimes you will never be able to see it.
Anyway, 48 hours when we talk about travel over continents, you wil need to have much luck to have the female in the properlly day exactly when you back home, if not have any delay.

So, the way would be travel with the female, very stressfull thing that without doubts can make the female change her heath, if be everything all right, we will need to back with the female in the correct day and still you will have the possibility of the female absorbs the puppies for stress in the back trip, pretty common in Bernese Mountain Dogs for exemple.

So, the best way would be talk with a breeder, chose a male and try to bring it here for a time, let this male mate the females and back with him after.
But I wonder how many breeders would allow it
I wonder - does the effectiveness of AI differ between different breeds? For example, I know some breeders of working dogs (for actual work, not just show - mostly GSD, but also Rottweiler, etc.) use AI here with semen from European dogs (because it is difficult in many cases to find good working dogs in the US) and they seem to have good results, I guess - or they wouldn't keep doing it, I suppose. But, I know our breed is different...so, maybe it would be less effective...

Haha - Paula, maybe we can make a "real" plan here.... Maybe you and I can talk to our females, and convince them to come into heat at the same time - and then, we can make plans to bring all of our dogs to a mid-point between Brazil and the US - somewhere nice and with many comforts - Cancun maybe? And then, we can pay to bring a nice male along with his owner - and we can all take a holiday - wolfdogs, beaches, and happy times!!!

Ahhhh...back to reality...in truth, I think you are right - it would be most efficient to bring a male across the ocean...

Marcy
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote