View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 00:02   #10
Rafacs
Rafa

Hello Hector

Going back to the topic , I'm also from Spain, I think we are 5 owners close to you, but with no much experience about Wolfdogs.

There is another topic about breeders in Spain. I suppose you already know there isn't. My dogs come from Italy, but it doesn't mean anything, it is, there're good breeders in several countries.

As Margo says it's important the HD test.
But about the character, there're more possibilities to a breeder with a few dogs to socialize a puppy than another with a lot of them, but sometimes the second one is better person than the first and take more care about it. It is just a question of possibilities and a little bit of luck. Remember that even if the puppy is well socialize, its character is individual and you only can change it a little.

Now, wherever you buy it, remember that you can bring it to Spain after the dog is 3 months old, no before, rules are rules.
What does it means? Think about a breeder that have a litter, maybe 7 puppies. He starts to sell them to people from his own country, a possible buyer can see , touch, play with,....the puppies, but not you. You are going to buy a puppy 3 months old, and it will not the best of the litter.
Try to avoid it asking for pictures of the puppies, time of born, weigh,.. and chose one as soon as you can.
Don't send the money. Pay the puppy after taking it on your hand. If there is something estrange, drive back. You are going to pay for a real wolfdog without problems!

If you decide on buying it in a country near Spain, the puppy will not be cheap, but the travel is an advantage, shorter for you and your puppy.
The total amount will be more or less the same if you buy it in France or in Czech (or wherever you want), it is your decision.

Think also about the convenience of a male or female

We really have got a good help on this database, you can see the parents of the puppy, shows, HD, bonitation,... Use it to yours own advantage and
DON'T BE IN A HURRY, remember that you chose a future member of your family.

Regards
Rafa

Please, read the articles on the FAQ folder:
What mistakes you should be aware during buying a puppy?
Is it better to provide a dog or a bitch?
What is the best place to buy a puppy from?
Rafacs jest offline   Reply With Quote