View Single Post
Old 19-03-2012, 18:45   #20
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

I think Admin had made mention of this upcoming change in earlier posts. For example:

http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showpos...30&postcount=6

Though the thread was primarily about French dogs, it can be applicable to all dogs where there is reasonable question as to the integrity of their pedigree.

I believe - again, my belief, Admin may clarify later - that all the marked dogs are basically on a 'to-watch' basis. Not that they have been proven to be. And if DNA tests will be done all the marked dog and all earlier marked generations, it will be clarified.

At this point I think many dogs from Crying Wolf kennels are marked if the stud used was also a dog residing at Crying Wolf (and not if the stud dog is belonging to somebody else and living elsewhere). It is because there is evidence that the purported sire on the pedigree is not who was actually used (for example, appearance of red-colored dogs). It doesn't even mean the marked dogs are possible mixes - it could be that the stud dog is a CZW, just not the one on the pedigree.

I guess a dog can also be marked if in their shared litter there were very suspicious dogs which may be mixes..

There are a lot of IFs..

But at the same time one cannot deny there are some 'funny' and 'miraculous' things showing up in litters! I think it would be in everyone's and the breed's best interest to seek the resolution of their dogs' pedigree.