View Single Post
Old 20-10-2007, 04:22   #16
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak
Default Opinion on AKC/FSS registry

This question is especially for American owners, but I'm also curious about the opinions owners/breeders in other countries. What are the feelings about registering CSWs in the FSS registry for the AKC? Has anyone registered their CSW with this service? Our GSD is registered through AKC, but the problem with AKC is that there is very little protection for the integrity and health, which are only as good as the breeders honesty. I've actually read some hostility towards AKC (from Coton De TuLear breeders, especially!) from rare breed fanciers in the US. For this breed, though, I feel as though AKC recognition offers the best "protection" with regards to legislation - not that FSS is considered recognition, but still... Also, as I read in an earlier post, FCI only recognizes AKC, so that could be an issue if someone were to consider breeding. Which I assume, most owners in US at this point are not.

I realize there are very few CSWs in the US, but has anyone ever considered starting a breed club (possibly regional, such as East Coast/West Coast?). If a club were to be started sometime in the not too distant future, would anyone be interested in participating?

Just some food for thought...
Marcy
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote