View Single Post
Old 17-10-2009, 17:22   #4
michaelundinaeichhorn

I know, it is the same reason in the US, the wildlife management ist not financed by the state like mostly in Europe but by private sources, mostly hunters. And there are several European states who sell wolves to rich hunters. One of the very few German wolves has been illegally shot this year.

I don´t know why this special message was so much worse for me maybe because this was a well known pack out of a protected region, we all may have seen their photos or films showing them. I don´t want to imagine the grieve of the people who observed them for years and saw them grow up and having puppies of their own.
The wolves we raised this year are about the same age theirs are now and I just was in the park playing with them and petting them I couldn´t guarantee for myself if I would meet someone doing them any harm.
When you get to know their personalities and charakters they get very special animals, to loose them is not easy to take, to loose them to a bloody ignorant that just waited for one of them to leave the park is even worse.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote