View Single Post
Old 13-12-2007, 13:56   #42
Liesbeth

Hi,

I think that many people from all over the world are reading this topic and they try to follow the evolution of this all. Many of them never heard of 'de Louba Tar' before, but most of them already heard other rumours about this kennel. Not only about (too) many dogs, bad conditions, skinny dogs, dogs looking more like jackals, no bonitation, no HD results, problems with pedigrees, crossings of Saarloos and Czech, etc, etc. Some of these are maybe just rumours, but most of them are true. I know people who have a dog of this kennel and they still haven't got a pedigree of their dog. To give only one example. Why are there problems with pedigrees? Strange things happen at 'the Louba Tar'.
I never met C. Keizer personally, but I can believe she's intelligent and ok, maybe she knows a lot about dogs. But why doesn't she put the theories in her mind into practice? Her dogs are not according to the standard. She probably knows enough about genetics to fix this problem.
You can talk and discuss endlessly about this subject. And it's easy to talk about where other people are making mistakes. But de Louba Tar is probably not the only kennel where things go wrong. But I'm glad that some people make these things public. Not so we can all critisize those breeders, but we can try to learn from them. It's not our task to judge other people. But it's good to know some things about other people, to be informed. What you do with this information, is your own choice.
Of topic, but I think we should coƶperate more as breeders and active wolfdog owners. But because we're all afraid to be judged by others, we're scared talk about negative things that are going on in our own kennel. A breeder who would talk open about a genetic disease found in one of his dogs (which he or she uses to breed with), would be judged in the negative way. Why? Dogs with genetic diseases exist. It's not a shame to have a dog with for example HD E. But talk about it and try to find out together where this problem comes from. Maybe it's only because of an accident as a puppy, maybe there's a problem in his bloodline or a certain combination that causes this problem to become worse... But we all keep our mouths shut about our own problems . Together we could make a difference for the breed, not if we keep working on our own. But like I said, of topic.
Many people don't dare to give their comments on this topic, because they want to 'stay friends' with everyone and they don't discuss this publicly. I must say I don't want to judge anyone, not even C. Keizer, but I'm glad that some people have the *** to share this kind of information with others.

Greetings,

Liesbeth