View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 10:07   #27
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slarman
It seems some of my articles have been misunderstood.Nobody in their right mind should pay $10000 for a pup.That price is after buying a pup,vaccinating it,shipping,quarantine licences and time,all up it may cost $10000 to fully import a dog to Australia.
Nevertheless, the overall cost of a puppy might reach that sum...

Quote:
All I was saying to Australians is,that if you are willing to spend that sort of money on a dog,you need to talk to alot of people-breeders&owners,even dogtrainers who have experience with CzW's to get a good open and honest picture of the breed.
Right. That was also my view. It would be a double, triple, or even more -le, waste to invest all that money and especially efforts to import just an ordinary, single pet dog to the opposite part of the globe.

Quote:
When I bought my first GSD,I spent $300 on books about the breed,even though they are a popular dog here,I spoke to people and trained her to schutz standard.I.....Also,if a person is absolutely sold on the idea of a dog,especially one that is not in the country already they should spend the money and time to see the dogs,their natural behaviour,how they are trained and fed and speak to judges to learn about what they look for in shows.
You seem to be a model dog buyer. There would be no problems discussed above if everybody had a similar attitude to yours

Quote:
East or West Europe doesn't matter!What matters is that you know what you are getting yourself into,no matter the breed of dog.
YES! Yes! YES! But many people, especially those from distant, non-European countries, are prejudiced against anything that comes from East Europe. I don't blame them - this distrust comes from the lack of information and experience.
But that's why so many people on this forum try to open their eyes and on the one hand explain the complicated European economic relations that influence puppy prices and the other - convince them that they might have a greater choice of breeders and in result buy a more interesting and promising puppy if they don't reject breeders from Eastern Europe on principle.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote