View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 06:26   #26
slarman

Hi Guys,
It seems some of my articles have been misunderstood.Nobody in their right mind should pay $10000 for a pup.That price is after buying a pup,vaccinating it,shipping,quarantine licences and time,all up it may cost $10000 to fully import a dog to Australia.I have heard of puppy passports,but they're irrelevant cos a dog still has to be 12mo to come here.All I was saying to Australians is,that if you are willing to spend that sort of money on a dog,you need to talk to alot of people-breeders&owners,even dogtrainers who have experience with CzW's to get a good open and honest picture of the breed.When I bought my first GSD,I spent $300 on books about the breed,even though they are a popular dog here,I spoke to people and trained her to schutz standard.I didn't distrust what the breeder told me,I just expanded my knowledge and learnt alot along the way.Also,if a person is absolutely sold on the idea of a dog,especially one that is not in the country already they should spend the money and time to see the dogs,their natural behaviour,how they are trained and fed and speak to judges to learn about what they look for in shows.East or West Europe doesn't matter!What matters is that you know what you are getting yourself into,no matter the breed of dog.
slarman jest offline   Reply With Quote