View Single Post
Old 14-06-2007, 23:25   #5
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenris View Post
Slightly cowhooked is normal is wolves. that is only when standing erect. as they start to move the hindlegs position is straight again. so this is derived from the wolf and is the reason why some saarlooswolfhonds have this. I think it is more often seen in large wolves like the americans, the scandinavians and russians. I have seen wolves from poland and spain and the legs are slightly different.
Yes, when standing in erect and relax position not only wolves stay sightly cow heeled but all dog breeds, I think that the littlest breeds too, is very easy to see that in breeds as Borzoi's and Azawack's that have long legs and big size, as in Neapolitans Mastiffs and Bulldogs that are heavy with big bones, but that's is normal, you can see in the standard of all these breeds that cow heel is a big problem, no one accept that.
I not believe that was because of this that they have write "slightly cow heeled" in the standard, the biggest problem is that this "Slightly cow heeled" have been translate as "cow heeled" only in some others languages as the portuguese, but the two endto means that if you see a slightly cow heeled dog ( not only when stay erect and relax but when walking too) it won't be a problem when you evaluate it because the standard means that, that's the problem and why I think that must have a more "cientific" explanation.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote