View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 11:23   #30
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijke
And then I can tell you even a CsW is able to do such a difficult work!
So I think Per can tell everyone that also a CsW is a normal dogbreed who can also do such things
Mijke, I full agree with you. See my post from April 20th:
Quote:
I'm convinced that this is one of the activities where some CSVs can show their full potential and be very successful.
Though I suppose there are probably breeds that are better predisposed for this particular type of jobs, which Ela mentioned earlier.

CSV breed was initially "created" for working in tough conditions, for running, tracking, searching for people etc. I suppose they have such abilities/skills in their "blood". But that doesn't mean that that they cannot do any other "jobs" which other dogs can. It's just the matter of how, where and by whom they've been brought up.
I don't know how many certified therapy dogs we'll find in my country, if any at all - but I suppose working with children with different disabilities requires dogs with an excelent character and temper. I suppose that's why we don't see a large number of trained and certified therapy dogs?

Therefore I must admit that even thinking of the csv as a therapy dog will astonish those who was in favour of banning the csv i Norway as well as our legislative authoryties. The first one will certainly refuse any allegation of the possibility, the second who followed the advice from the ignorant desinforming opponents of the breed will maybe start some rethinking on the subject.

Anyway I'd like to have information of training and usability of the csv as therapy dogs. I'll promise to communicate the information down-to-earth

--
Per Olav
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote