View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 21:31   #22
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by deocamdata
I chose this bread because I need a dog who loves children, has a very well developed sense of property and is suspicions with strangers and also for his look.
Then I think you're chosing the wrong breed.
Yes, wolfdogs do love child as they do love humans, after 4 months old you will have 2 wolfdogs with no idea about their own strenght and wishing to learn more about their own capacities, it will get worst as more they grow more strong they get, mean you will soon have two troglodytes in your garden, with 12 months they will have almost the size of an adult with the mind of a pup.
You will teach him how to play with humans, but when they play with each other they can easily run over someone without note they did it, it can be quite tragical for a small child.
But it talking about already educated dogs, lets think when they are learning about life and rules, they will jump and bite hard and they will be strong enough to bring down a child which is playing.
Then, lets correct it, educated adult wolfdogs can be good dogs with kids.

As guarding dogs, mainly when we talk about property, better chose a Rottweiler, maybe a German Shepherd working line, CzW can be good guarding dogs if you work hard on it and expend a lot of time socializing, even this way their tendency is not protect the property, but the pack, you will also need to have a strong bond with them to have them as really guard dog.
Either way, don't expect them to be a guard dog as you should be used to, after all wolfdogs loves humans and tend to be very kind with them, even strangers.