View Single Post
Old 23-11-2010, 19:39   #45
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine View Post
My personal oppinion is yes Margo...csw's are very intelligent, could study easily.....but not the classical working dogs , and not the breed which is good for IPO work. It is not means that some of them couldn't pass.....but those who worked with malinois or gsd...those surely could feel the differences
Yes - I would never buy a Wolfdog for IPO, KPNV or mondio. BUT... Wolfdogs were not made for such work....

But let's be honest GSD and Malinois-owners/trainers are.... cheating....

I can prepare some exams which Wolfdogs will pass very easy but here all GSD will fail...

The main "working" exams were made for GSDs (old type) and are also easily to pass for malinois (which are in the fact similar to the "old style" GSD). Wolfdogs have problems topass them because many parts are just simple circus - they do not test the dogs but test if is is possible to train a dog to make a tricks wich have no sence....

Simple example:
SchH - the dog must bark for 20.seconds... Everyone knows that Wolfdogs DO NOT BARK. They see no sense to yap.... Because of it many of the get zero points for it... Why there are no exams where the dogs CAN NOT bark...? Because 90% of GSD would fail?

Another example: tracking by IPO exams... Sorry but to get maximum points you need really a DUMB dog... A dog which HAVE NO IDEA how to track... or... a dog which will fulfill the commands of his owner EVEN of they are totaly idiotic....
The track is about 20 minuts old - it means it is FRESH and the parts of the the smell are still present in the air. No good tracking dog will work on such track with DEEP NOSE - which is required by IPO exam. Every clever dog will use also HIGH NOSE. Because CzWs are perfect tracking dogs and because they are clever dogs they will get less points than GSD or malinois. Maybe they will not even pass this part...
(of course it is possible to train also Wolfdogs to use DEEP NOSE on fresh tracks - but it is harder to do than with "working" breeds. Wolfdogs no to like to make senseless things)

Because of it:
If I would need a dog for tracking exams I would buy GSD or malinois.
If I would need a dog for work - dogs which can track everywere and everything - I would take CzW.

Simply said:
If I would need a "tool" which should fulfil my commands without asking "do you think it make sence" or saying "...but I will make it my way, I can make it better" I would buy one of the "working" dogs.
If I would need a dog who sometimes must work also alone and sometimes must find some solutions by himself - I would take a Wolfdog.

Do you know the story with GSD tracking a missed person? The dogs were tracking it "wonderful" with deep nose but none of the dogs found him...because he was sitting on a tree and none of the dogs was TREAINED to look also up... Wolfdogs have no such problem...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote