View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 16:40   #39
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

I think for many of us living outside the original countries, especially further than Germany or Poland, have little or no access to specialized judges. So, really none of our titles mean anything. I will not get into the number of times a judge has said "Oh, your dog is so beautiful - but I wish his eyes were darker - and his chest, maybe it will get wider one day..."

But...

The more our breed is exposed in and to the world, the more judges will, hopefully, take interest in our little breed. Hopefully knowledge and research about the standard and typical CSV will take root from that interest. Shows like the world show, or showing (for now!) in the US or Brazil or Thailand or Spain, maybe we are at a "younger" stage, with a slightly different motivation...I like Admin's response - much as it would be nice to see a specialized judge at the huge world show, a show is a show, and just that. I'm happy breeders and owners of the winners are able to enjoy a nice accomplishment - and hope breeding decisions of the future continue to look to attributes in dogs besides winning shows.