View Single Post
Old 26-01-2007, 12:38   #4
Liesbeth

To Mirka: You know that I'm 'new' in the world of Wolfdogs and when I talk about rules in Belgium, I'm talking about this moment. I try to learn a lot about the breed and I read much on internet, and I look in the database to. I try to learn more about every single breeder and when someone (for exemple Margo) tells something interesting on the forum about bloodlines or anything else, I print it out and I collect everything. I read English, Dutch, German, French,... forum. I'm willing to learn. I've noticed that also the breeder of my youngest pup makes sometimes bad choices... Before I made the reservation for my puppy, I asked her about bonitation, work, hip-results (those of Merlin she didn't know yet). I agreed making a reservation ONLY when Merlin had HDA (and he turned out to have HDA, so now I have my puppy).
It's a shame that some people have managed to breed all the time without any rules! I'm happy that CSW Belgium made some rules for breeding. But when I was a breeder, I would have done all these things without the rules of the club to. So it's hard for me to understand that some people don't do this, out of theirselves. When everything turnes out right, I want to breed to. But ONLY when my dog is 'good enough' and only when I have good hip-results and good bonitation and when the character of my dog stays like it is now (she's very open and social). I'm following a study of 2 years for becoming a dog breeder. I'm doing this just because I want to know more about dogs in general, even when I would not have the intention to breed.
So about the rules: 'they finally arrived', so let's hope that things will be better in the future.

Liesbeth
Liesbeth jest offline   Reply With Quote